Hygger HG119 Gyre

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnd651
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnd651

Getting back in after 14+ years
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
5,015
Reaction score
7,333
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had asked a question about the Hygger gyre pumps a while back on the forums, and decided to go with it and try it out. I must say for the price and size, it is impressive. I have a couple of videos with it, unboxing, and in use. With the tank being 54" long, I am impressed at how much water it moves, and I am only running it at 40-50%. I have been recently playing with the other modes. Looks like the fish and coral like the water it moves.


Unboxing 9/8/25


Flow video 9/18/2025


Tank Video 10/17/2025
 
Thank you for sharing! I have been needing more flow too, will have to check these out
 
I like that half gyre, would work well mounted vertically to pump flow behind the scape.
I also loved my nero5, was a beast and never needed cleaning. But the magnets swoll up so i am gun shy on getting another.
 
I like that half gyre, would work well mounted vertically to pump flow behind the scape.
I also loved my nero5, was a beast and never needed cleaning. But the magnets swoll up so i am gun shy on getting another.
It is the perfect width. You can see around it.

1000027292.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new