I’m 112 EXT Lagoon Lighting

Melvin3000

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Location
los angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if I should purchase 2 kessil a160we or 1 kessil a500x for my new IM 112 ext? Any advice very much appreciated!
 
I would do 3 160's or 2 a500's

Or 2 reefi uno 2.0

Maybe 1 reefi if you mount it high enough.
 
20240324_185956.jpg

I'm running 1x kessil a500x with reefdelight ultrabars as the supporting lights to get ready for sps.

i par tested with just the kessils alone i was able to get 300 to 250 in the 20x20in middle of the tank and 85 in the corners of the tank

this was 50percent color 100 percent intensity 100 uv 10red 10 green.

so if youre route is a mixed reef with some sps or just lps tank i would just go 1 kessil.
 
20240324_185956.jpg

I'm running 1x kessil a500x with reefdelight ultrabars as the supporting lights to get ready for sps.

i par tested with just the kessils alone i was able to get 300 to 250 in the 20x20in middle of the tank and 85 in the corners of the tank

this was 50percent color 100 percent intensity 100 uv 10red 10 green.

so if youre route is a mixed reef with some sps or just lps tank i would just go 1 kessil.
This is gorgeous. Do you have details on how you built the lighting assembly?
 
20240324_185956.jpg

I'm running 1x kessil a500x with reefdelight ultrabars as the supporting lights to get ready for sps.

i par tested with just the kessils alone i was able to get 300 to 250 in the 20x20in middle of the tank and 85 in the corners of the tank

this was 50percent color 100 percent intensity 100 uv 10red 10 green.

so if youre route is a mixed reef with some sps or just lps tank i would just go 1 kessil.
20240324_185956.jpg

I'm running 1x kessil a500x with reefdelight ultrabars as the supporting lights to get ready for sps.

i par tested with just the kessils alone i was able to get 300 to 250 in the 20x20in middle of the tank and 85 in the corners of the tank

this was 50percent color 100 percent intensity 100 uv 10red 10 green.

so if youre route is a mixed reef with some sps or just lps tank i would just go 1 kessil.
What’s the name of the bracket you used for the lights?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new