I’m a dummy - AI Prime 16HD

LexiconDevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was doing maintenance on my tank and my power supply fell into my ATO reservoir when I was finished and sat in there for an hour before my ai went out.

so… power supply is pooched and I was wondering if anybody has had to replace them and which power supply they got. Electricity freaks me the hell out so I want to be sure that the power supply I get is the correct one. Very lucky my apartment didn’t catch on fire, but lesson learned.

Will this one work?

OP
OP
LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure they sell a power supply on their website. I think it’s quite a bit more expensive than the one above from Amazon.
Thank you so much! I’ll definitely just order that to be safe. I guess I should have just looked it up on the website lol. Just in a bit of a panic.

Upvote 0

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d have thought being RODI (if it was) it would have no electrical conductivity, therefore safe. Perhaps it dissolved something, then shorted. At least your light is good :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d have thought being RODI (if it was) it would have no electrical conductivity, therefore safe. Perhaps it dissolved something, then shorted. At least your light is good :)
I actually thought about this. But when I pulled the brick out it you could actually hear the water sloshing around, so I don’t think that the initial contact with the water really had any effect, but the brick being submerged as long as it had been is probably what toasted it.
Sounds ridiculous, but it sounded like I was shaking a juice box.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I was doing maintenance on my tank and my power supply fell into my ATO reservoir when I was finished and sat in there for an hour before my ai went out.

so… power supply is pooched and I was wondering if anybody has had to replace them and which power supply they got. Electricity freaks me the hell out so I want to be sure that the power supply I get is the correct one. Very lucky my apartment didn’t catch on fire, but lesson learned.

Will this one work?

I have and was fortunate to find CHEAPER replacement on Amazon. I would also suggest Ebay

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back