I’m just lost with this torch coral

txmaverickmh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning reefers,

I cannot get my brain wrapped around this torch, just went to crap in the last two days?

Any expert thought on if and how I can save it?

Salinity 1.025
Nitrates 7.8
Phosphates 0.14
Ph 8.13
Temp 78.6
Alk 9.45
Calcium 480
Mag 1395

Looked like this on Thursday:
IMG_9315.jpeg

This morning looks like this:
IMG_9374.jpeg

IMG_9373.jpeg

I was in with red flash light last night, nothing picking on it, all looked peaceful, just can’t figure it out!

For reference of tank health, here are pics of other torch and wellyso directly below troubled torch:
IMG_9375.jpeg

IMG_9376.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear you're struggling, lost a very expensive torch myself really to brown jelly decease which, unless I am mistaken could very well be what you're struggling with here.

I may very well have misinterpreted the picture- and I hope I have because BJA is really hard to deal with and I am unsure of a way to a really have your lovely torch. It happens fast!

Had it been a coral with more heads, you could have fragged it and saved the healthy part. You're not that lucky here!

I'll tag along here, see what the pros have to say to your torch - and indeed the one i don't have anymore.

reefadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KFC Dip I along with many others have had great success with this dip, I’ve seen it bring back corals that looked worse than yours. Getting all the ingredients in time is the only tricky part, but this dip really is a game changer. Good luck!

Fishn28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good insight, but it has been flourishing in tank for over 3 weeks until the last 48 hours
Dip it, it could be flat worms that are too small to see that are blocking light from getting to the coral

edit- they also don’t like flow that much, I’m not sure how much yours get but I know mine only like enough to gently move their tentacles, just a thought

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KFC Dip I along with many others have had great success with this dip, I’ve seen it bring back corals that looked worse than yours. Getting all the ingredients in time is the only tricky part, but this dip really is a game changer. Good luck!
I have a shoebox marked KFC with all the ingredients in it and ready to go at a moment’s notice. I hope I never need it but I think everyone with the corals should have it on hand. A lot of the ingredients are sourced from different places.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely looks like it is splitting, mine get grumpy right before, during and shortly after a split. Fingers crossed. Your parameters look good, I don’t see a problem there.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back