I’ve cap k1 nano problems

Dmolinini524

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased and ice cap k1 nano about 5 weeks ago and it only skimmed go maybe 2-3 times. It’s either really wet bubble that sort of just flow like water into the collection cup or it doesn’t even get over the collection cup. I contacted coralvue went back and forth and they asked if I was carbon dosing. I started dosing tropic Marin np bacto balance maybe a week or two ago. Is the true it will mess up skimmer performance? I’ve literally read on a bottle of no pox that it’s essential to have an effective protein skimmer. I’m very confused.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably best to stop the np bacto balance for now unless the nitrates or phosphate are out of wack in your tank, any reason you are dosing it? I would try to get the skimmer stable first as you will probably be increasing dosage on that until you would reach full strength anyway so it would be hard to determine if it was effecting the skimmer without stopping its usage. Is the skimmer in a place where it gets perfectly stable water level all times of the day through an ato or sump baffles or something?

OP
OP
Dmolinini524

Dmolinini524

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably best to stop the np bacto balance for now unless the nitrates or phosphate are out of wack in your tank, any reason you are dosing it? I would try to get the skimmer stable first as you will probably be increasing dosage on that until you would reach full strength anyway so it would be hard to determine if it was effecting the skimmer without stopping its usage. Is the skimmer in a place where it gets perfectly stable water level all times of the day through an ato or sump baffles or something?
I only started dosing it because I started using red sea energy ab+ and nitrates were about to climb over 25ppm an po4 to 1.2 I know those aren’t the worst numbers but I have some sps in my tank too so I’d like to keep it lower then that . I was told that would be a good product to achieve that goal since I’m already using all for reef liquid dosing for big 3 elements. The skimmer is in the second chamber of my nuvo 30 which is always stable using a smart micro auto.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would lower the dosage of ab+ or maybe dosing every other day due to the increasing nitrates and phosphates. AB+ can also effect the skimmer performance especially on such a small skimmer.
I would also adjust it just like this video shows and leave it for a few day or a week with the bubbles not coming all the way out but breaking in the cup neck if that makes sense

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or it doesn’t even get over the collection cup.
Thats how it usually is for a week but somewhat shud look like the video on setup. It might also take time to figure out the correct water level for your tank so you may have to physically raise or lower the unit with the mounting magnet but i may be able to find something in another post about k1 nano water level

Last edited:

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Dmolinini524

Dmolinini524

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for all the help..I did follow that set up video but I will start from fresh with all the suggestions in mind

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back