I am definitely not shy!

Blackadder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told my wife that I'd like an aquarium for my home office for Christmas. I was thinking I'd get a little fresh water tank, but true to her form, she got me a reef capable salt water tank. We're divers. She thought it would be cool. "Um, sweetie, I don't know squat about salt water aquariums OR coral reefs!" And now, several months in, I've spent an obscene amount of money trying to make sure I provide the very best home for my two little fish and my new coral buds. They're doing pretty well. With the help of a local coral shop I'm learning a LOT, but there is still a lot to learn and I tend to be a tad obsessed with it now. I look forward to the insight of your experience.

Reef.jpg

OP
OP
Blackadder

Blackadder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! How big (US gallons/ Litres) is the tank? What kind of fish/corals do you have in there?
Small, only 13 gallons, with only about 10 gallons of water because of the live rock. I have a clown and a wrasse with a leather, hairy mushroom and a duncan coral. This is my first aquarium, so I'm starting small. Minimizing the 'cost' of learning and understanding that if this small enterprise goes well, I should be successful with a larger tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back