I cant belive I done this

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,I was thinking I was done buying tanks,well I found a 125 tank set up for a great price.And well,you know,things like that cant be passed up,right?SO I drove 4 hours to get my new 1250 gallon tank.

I want to know,what do you guys have on your 125 gallon or similer size tank.Im going all t5,and going Zeovit system.

What do you guys think about it?

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lots of t5 bulbs heavy skimming + zeovit is what i am going to do when i upgrade

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice,Im goign with a Bubble Magnus or a Vertex skimmer havent decided.

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya its a 6 footer,a guy locally had done a 6 bulb tek on his 125 and it covered the whole thing,even grew SPS,Im still not sure,its what I have been reccomened like 4 times now.I think it will turn out okay,Im not going to have much off to the sides,just some acans,and some chalices,sos are all in the middle of this tank!

I think I will liek Zeovit,it sounds great,and its cheap to,not expensive at all.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I have had a TEK and they are great, but if you are looking to cover it I would do a DIY fixture. I just did this setup on my 4' 75g tank and it is awesome and at 1/2 the price of a TEK you can't go wrong.

Here is a pic of mine and I can hardly call it a DIY, you just screw the endcaps down and plug the wire harness to the ballast....

DSCN2394.jpg

This is the setup I used.
Hellolights 36" 4 LampT5 Retrofit Kit (Bulbs Included)

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture dosent work.But I can get that tek light for $300 which I think is an amazing deal as they sell for $500 locally,no joke.But I do have to buy bulbs.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a 125g for yrs and have tried all the diff lighting options on it, from t5, to mh to led. I like the color choices from t5 but to be honest its just much easier to use 250w mh's or led's as you need to many t5's and they just get in the way when you try and get in the tank. Just my .02 also a 40g breeder or 55g tank makes a good sump. I think the 125g is a very nice sized tank for this hobby though.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with teklights- 4 bulbs over a 24" tank is proving quiet nice in my roomates tank. That's a stunning price, LFS out here runs tek's at 280ish retail.
Any particular reasons for going with those skimmer choices? And why the decision on Zeovit? Just seen what its done for others or what? Not saying negative stuff on either of those things, just curious whats got you thinking those ways.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look into zeovit a little more before you say it's cheap..... zeo tanks get very expensive and are a lot of work...;)
don't get me wrong there worth it, but it's no walk in the park...... once you start it you almost have to keep up with it or you will have nothing but problems....i would go with the new fad my self running ecobac pellets or the mb7-vodka diet, myself..... lighting i would go with the mh set up there is alot of nice 72" fixtures around these days......;)

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeo is pretty cheap,I have read up on it for like 2 years now.I think it is pretty cheap when you look at it as your basic 4,after that,the price depends on what you want,to be honest I dont think running all of the other chemicals is a hube ben,I think the 4 and some amminos along with some food is great.Im aware its not a walk in the park,I haave had reef tanks for almost 8 years and think its time for a change.Thats all.I dont think Zeo is expensive if used right.I think it can be cheap.PLus we order large amounts,so its cheaper there to,and we dotn buy as often.

I want to go with the skimmer above as they are both very good brands,probably better,but I love the Vert,and the BM.I like Zeovit as it it made to reduce nutirents and is proven to help with coral growth.

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ya you have a say....lol.....I need the chalice guys opinion on this tank!LOL,$300 good for you...lol

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a better idea. On the first of every month you get to am eye of any chalice u want I put in the tank. Lol

and it doesn't matter what fixture u choose. It's all preferance. As long as the bulbs are 4 blue plus 1 Fiji purple and a pure actinic. :)

well at least that works the best for me bro!! Goodluck on thus build and enjoy it. !!

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a great idea!

I will go with those bulbs at first,see if they grow my SPS better.

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya,this is all SPS and chalice,with some Favia and Acans,and the coral that yo uhave to have to say that you have it...lol

Sexy you have a PM!

Back