Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thsts
Not sure what pump you have but when I switched to a DC pump it made adjustments much easier. Red Sea valves are very finicky.
Thats a waterbox tank. And my return pump is vectra m2 which is DC

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im positive read my comment above for the gate valve experience
Have you tried to decrease/increase the pump output to see if the level changes. You could also have too much water and need to drain some or put more in. A lot of variables.

Last edited:

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@charbel101

The picture is hard to make put what's what. I'm not familiar with their overflow.

It certainly looks like a bean animal over flow??

If it is, then I think your water line is too high.

Take a look and let me know.

If that pipe on the bottom right isn't the full siphon then disregard all this.

3222727-277357cca3d36066a16f8cf1420bfeaa.jpg

You basically only want water trickling down the "open"

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@charbel101

The picture is hard to make put what's what. I'm not familiar with their overflow.

It certainly looks like a bean animal over flow??

If it is, then I think your water line is too high.

Take a look and let me know.

If that pipe on the bottom right isn't the full siphon then disregard all this.

3222727-277357cca3d36066a16f8cf1420bfeaa.jpg

You basically only want water trickling down the "open"
Nevermind, i went looking at waterbox drain systems. They use a herbie style... you'll want the water to trickle down the emergency (like the "open" in the bean animal design.

Where does the main siphon pipe terminate in the sump? Above the water line? Below the water line? If so, How far below?

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sneaking suspicion that waterbox would have a jig to drill all of the holes in the tanks. I cant see them free drilling them. That being said assuming they are in the correct position its just a tuning issue. Could a drop of super glue and a small piece of acyrlic on the front of the emergency drain as a "splash guard" to stop the flow into it muffle the noise

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The pump appears to be distributing water faster than the water is reaching the ump and agree- slow down the pump speed allowing overflow to fill more.
Is the tank water height like an inch or more low?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump appears to be distributing water faster than the water is reaching the ump and agree- slow down the pump speed allowing overflow to fill more.
Is the tank water height like an inch or more low?
More low. I added a whole 40mm coupler over there, and i can add extra 2 inches easy. Thats how low it. And vetteguy i promise u. I tried all kinda of pumps speeds. I went from 60% to 50%. Its quiet now because the water is above the emergency pipe. It needs extra inch

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
More low. I added a whole 40mm coupler over there, and i can add extra 2 inches easy. Thats how low it. And vetteguy i promise u. I tried all kinda of pumps speeds. I went from 60% to 50%. Its quiet now because the water is above the emergency pipe. It needs extra inch
Extra inch- A couple alone will accomplish that

1692749398450.png

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking at the pic on post #23 you couldnt get an extension in there. Have you installed all the hardware in the correct location?
yes i did but u get it! See what i mean in the picture they have it correct. But my tank the emergency low is way lower than that

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you have the Waterbox Infinia Reef 190.5, yes? It has the same footprint (length x width) but shorter (height) than their Infinia Frag 155.5

Is it possible they sent you the emergency drain for the 155? Can you measure it and compare with the technical spec?

Reef 190.5
Frag 155.5

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you resolve the problem? Could the problem be some variation in your dc return pump speed? Could it be the safety valve on the return line?

Sounds like it's oscillating levels in the overflow and not just a simple gate valve adjustment issue. If running at full siphon Ana there's no air getting into the main drain, then the issue lies outside the gate valve. Evaporation? Ato? Return pump varying speed? Or flapper valve maybe?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you resolve the problem? Could the problem be some variation in your dc return pump speed? Could it be the safety valve on the return line?

Sounds like it's oscillating levels in the overflow and not just a simple gate valve adjustment issue. If running at full siphon Ana there's no air getting into the main drain, then the issue lies outside the gate valve. Evaporation? Ato? Return pump varying speed? Or flapper valve maybe?

Yes the issue has been fixed. Waterbox sent me parts to work with, and they gave me the green light to move the emergency pipe to the back which was drilled too close to the weir's teeth. took it out, cut it 2 45"s metric coupler, and called it a day.

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes the issue has been fixed. Waterbox sent me parts to work with, and they gave me the green light to move the emergency pipe to the back which was drilled too close to the weir's teeth. took it out, cut it 2 45"s metric coupler, and called it a day.
So was just a matter of moving the E drain a bit higher and a bit further back ? No more water oscillation ?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So was just a matter of moving the E drain a bit higher and a bit further back ? No more water oscillation ?
Yeah no we are good. But this is going to be the last waterbox tank for me. They are bad design for the money you pay for them. and the customer service doesnt existt

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back