I didn't think I would but...

  • Thread starter Thread starter EZMAC114
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EZMAC114

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2014
Messages
532
Reaction score
31
Location
Lake Mary, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting the coral itch! I was going to do a FOWLR tank and now I want to go reef...nothing crazy but I know I want a Pulsing Xenia and Jasmine polyp. I have two frags now...one is a Candy Cane coral that is doing really well and the other is a Palythoa that isn't doing so well and my Niger Trigger just put it in a cave lol.
 
Right down the street from me! lol Got to do a reef :) Just make sure your stocked up on your test kits and you have proper lighting and flow ;)
 
Right down the street from me! lol Got to do a reef :) Just make sure your stocked up on your test kits and you have proper lighting and flow ;)

Haha yes I am! I am a little concerned about my flow because I'm not sure how to determine if it's too much....I have a
Iwaki MD40RLXT pump and that is 1200 gph with flow accelerators on both of my returns in a 6' 180 gallon tank. And I have read that the two corals I want need medium flow
 
a lot of us go through that. I started my 120 gal. as a fowlr and swore I wouldn't get coral. now my tank is covered in softies and lps. something about a fowlr just doesn't look right, but if you plan on angels and butterflies you don't have much choice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new