I guess I'm a noob with experience...

KevyKevTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago, my wife surprised me by getting the parts we needed to get our old tank up and running again. I guess we started about 12 years ago, and had a tank up for about 5 years, including one move and one attempted move. Sadly, we broke some stuff on the attempted move and never got around to replacing it, and then I became disabled (long story) so it wasn't even close to being on our radar... but things have improved enough to put it back up.

Lots of changes in technology, we had a sump before, now we have an attached bio/chem filter that did a bang up job on the cycle, combined with live sand and a single aquacultured live rock that brought all our old dead rock back to life.

To prep for getting our first corals going (again), we just replaced our 12-year old T5 lights with some crazy bright (so bright I don't think we'll ever get close to 100%, even with SPS in the tank) from Viparspectra. I'm thinking the first move will be a small-medium rock covered in some crazy colored zoas and we'll go from there. As of now we've got a mated clown pair (with no anemone (yet), a small school of 4 pajama cardinals who are still trying to figure out the pecking order, and a six-line.

At any rate, here's a couple of pics to conclude my intro...

IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1774.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago, my wife surprised me by getting the parts we needed to get our old tank up and running again. I guess we started about 12 years ago, and had a tank up for about 5 years, including one move and one attempted move. Sadly, we broke some stuff on the attempted move and never got around to replacing it, and then I became disabled (long story) so it wasn't even close to being on our radar... but things have improved enough to put it back up.

Lots of changes in technology, we had a sump before, now we have an attached bio/chem filter that did a bang up job on the cycle, combined with live sand and a single aquacultured live rock that brought all our old dead rock back to life.

To prep for getting our first corals going (again), we just replaced our 12-year old T5 lights with some crazy bright (so bright I don't think we'll ever get close to 100%, even with SPS in the tank) from Viparspectra. I'm thinking the first move will be a small-medium rock covered in some crazy colored zoas and we'll go from there. As of now we've got a mated clown pair (with no anemone (yet), a small school of 4 pajama cardinals who are still trying to figure out the pecking order, and a six-line.

IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1774.jpg

Attachments

• 72267.png
    72267.png
    57 KB · Views: 16

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1774.jpg
Nice buddies:)
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Back