Glad you joined us for this dance.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I guess it's time to give a brief intro: I'm a Rocky Mtn transplant to South-Central Pennsylvania. Since I can't do the hobbies I had in the west, I've taken up other interests to fill the void, one of which is reefing. In high school in the early 90's, I kept the stereotypical anemone and clownfish in a 10 gal for about 6 months longer than the lfs guys told me I'd be able to, thanks to constant testing and water changes. Fast forward a couple (few) decades, and the knowledge and technology are light-years beyond. I'm currently managing a 6-month old 90 gal with 30 gal sump. Fish include 4 zebra dartfish, 3 PJ cards, 2 clowns, six line and elegant fairy wrasses, a gramma, diamond and sand gobies, sailfin blenny and tang, a velvet damsel, and a cherub angel. The largest fish in the setup is less than 3", so there is plenty of space. As recommended, I'm doing mostly LPS/soft, with a couple of beginner SPS for experience/maturity gauges. I just set up a 40 gal to be my frag tank/agro starter fish keeper- ebay coral auctions are dangerous. By the way, WWC- if you see a very upset-looking brunette who doesn't look like she'd be from FL storming towards your shop, lock the door, and know I did my best to explain why I needed that frag! :grimacing-face:

Welcome back to the hobby! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back