I hate my IM Fusion pico tank.....

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not really. However if I could get my hands on the guy that designed the back chambers in this all in one I would beat him with a wet squirrel!

I had a clown goby jump in to the back chambers while I had the screen lid off doing a water change. The last two chambers (where he's hanging out) have a recess about 3/4" deep that goes underneath the previous chamber. There is no way to net the little creep without him darting under the adjacent chamber.

Anyone else have to deal with this problem?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have the precise mental picture of the chamber(s), but the thought that comes to mind is, “divide and conquer.” Can you cut a long plastic strip from a plastic milk jug or something, and push it down to cut off the fish’s access to one area at a time— then net from the only place he can stay?

furcifer208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not really. However if I could get my hands on the guy that designed the back chambers in this all in one I would beat him with a wet squirrel!
Any chance you caught this on video? I need it for....scientific purposes.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blenny jump in the back of my IM Fusion 20. The chambers are bigger, I'm sure, but it wouldn't come out. I had to siphon more then half the water out of the tank (saved it in buckets to put back in) and then tip the tank to the side. There are chambers on both sides so I had to block off the chamber on the right side before tipping it. A couple of hours of work to get the blenny out.

Otherwise love the tank!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thumbnail_20190608_165045.jpg

I just happen to have a wet squirrel when you need it. Wet and slobbery. Anything to help out a fellow reefer.

DISCLAIMER: No squirrels were harmed in the making of this post.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blenny jump in the back of my IM Fusion 20. The chambers are bigger, I'm sure, but it wouldn't come out. I had to siphon more then half the water out of the tank (saved it in buckets to put back in) and then tip the tank to the side. There are chambers on both sides so I had to block off the chamber on the right side before tipping it. A couple of hours of work to get the blenny out.

Otherwise love the tank!

I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. Can't believe I'm going to almost tear down the tank to catch a 3/4" fish! :confused::D

Dennco2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pico is Latin for torture a lone poor clown fish and one over sized anemone. Don't blame the tank and nano won't solve your problem either lol.

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but the set squirrel comment has me in stitches Hahahaha

Stole that from my pastor. He says that all the time when I tease him about something.

I don’t have the precise mental picture of the chamber(s), but the thought that comes to mind is, “divide and conquer.” Can you cut a long plastic strip from a plastic milk jug or something, and push it down to cut off the fish’s access to one area at a time— then net from the only place he can stay?

I actually have tried that but my execution was not good. This is several pieces of knitting backing I glued together to block the escape route. The chamber is only 3" wide, the net is a 2" one I found on Amazon. The little creep evaded my first pass and jumped from the second chamber to the third....and quickly swam under the second chamber. ;Sour:(

20190608_172921.jpg

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I can’t help with your problem, but I can add a story of my own. I have a 220G tank and one of my oldest inhabitants is a female clownfish that I’ve had for more than four years... she came from the tank I had before the 220, so I’m kind of attached to her.

About a year ago she completely disappeared one day. After spending several days looking for her with no success I assumed that she had died and was very sad. Several months passed and I was doing some work on the sump under the tank with my son and he said “I just saw the clownfish!”

I thought he must have been imagining things, but it turned out that she had gotten into one of the overflows... you could see through the bottom of the tank into the overflow and he had apparently caught a flash of orange under the tank.

Somehow she had survived in the overflow for several months before we found her and it took me a good 45 minutes or an hour to get her back out, but she’s out of the overflow and still in the tank today.

I have since covered my overflows.

Magnus042

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly fill the area with sand until its full enough to get him out, once you got him, siphon the sand out. It's a pain in the neck, but it should work!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Slowly fill the area with small cut-up pieces of hotdog. Then when you’ve got him out— have a ‘weenie roast’ and celebrate! (Sorry... couldn’t resist :)). Best wishes to all, and happy fish-keeping!

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have any advice but the wet squirrel comment made me laugh. Definitely an Arkansas phrase! Made me think of home. You aren't too close to the flooding?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back