I have a problem.....help me fix it

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had experiences in the past were CA and ALK would test at the correct levels, but the corals didn't grow until I supplemented. Some forms of Calcium are just not as readily available to be used by your corals as others.

Are you runing a CA reactor or adding any type of 2 part solution? I personally wouldn't add kent supplements/nutrients or take the skimmer off line... .if you need more nutrients feed your tank more with a high quality food like Rod's.

Just my 2 cents, but we all have different methods to achieve the same goals.

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend making a series of slow changes. Cutting off a skimmer, increasing nutrients, increasing lights.. you're bound to see some changes, but I am betting you will see as much negative as positive, conservatively.

What is your water change schedule like? The nutrients contained in our salts provide much of the necessary elements. I run a deltec 851 on my 90g and have outstanding growth with minimal nutrients. I do run my light cycle on this system longer, however, I've also had good growth with a 7hr MH only cycle with other systems.

Having said all this, I don't doubt the insight all members have posted could potentially help with your issue, but please attack the problem with patience!

Sam

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much flow do you have in the tank ? I didn't see/read how much flow you have going on. Also do you drip kalk ? I had a period when nothing would grow in my tank. I had this acro that looked great nice polyp extension,good coloration but no growth. I went old school and started dripping kalk again and within a couple of months the coral was 3x the size. Just my 2 cents.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back