I know everyone is looking..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

johnzena

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shawn, was it actually in stock? UC's website was still showing out of but expected to arrive today just a few minutes ago...

BRS is still out...

Thanks,

M
BRS gets their Triton tomorrow the 28th

blazeby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered Core 7 from UC today and got an email that they shipped this evening so it seems they do have them as Shawn said.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm... Maybe UC just needs to update their website! LOL
ded8203561b728cea3bd1023d2b4a6ea.jpg

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just called them Saturday too. They could have at least told me they were expecting it anyday. All they said was "Seems like everyone is looking for some", ha.

I'm using Triton other now but just setup cheato in my refugium so will be swapping over to regular Triton.

20180225_121027.jpg

Last edited:

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just called them Saturday too. They could have at least told me they were expecting it anyday. All they said was "Seems like everyone is looking for some", ha.

I'm using Triton other now but just setup cheato in my refugium so will be swapping over to regular Triton.

20180225_121027.jpg

That is a seriously nice sump!

M

OP
OP
ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had received it two days earlier than expected. I think they were looking to fill the standing orders before they updated the site

OP
OP
ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to order the other method, to get started. Called to make sure it was in stock. They mentioned that the flagship stuff had just arrived.
I had a great conversation with Tim and then ordered 3 sets

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to order the other method, to get started. Called to make sure it was in stock. They mentioned that the flagship stuff had just arrived.
I had a great conversation with Tim and then ordered 3 sets

Good deal. Looks as if UC has updated their site now as well.

Tim's helped me in the past also. Decent guy and a straighter shooter.

Again appreciate the heads-up!

M

OP
OP
ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal. Looks as if UC has updated their site now as well.

Tim's helped me in the past also. Decent guy and a straighter shooter.

Again appreciate the heads-up!

M

Sorry for the triple post there. Something we were talking about was the difference between the Triton Method and Other Method mixtures. It seems that many places still had the OM additives in stock. From my understanding, these would have been just fine for anyone that had run low/out of the TM additives. There is no difference in the main elements making up the additives. The TM mixture has slightly elevated Iron and a few other minor elements that are consumed by our macros. All of these elements are sold separately and could be added manually.
I only say this as I know some were running low or out of the TM mixtures when it seems the OM could have been used as a substitute until the TM arrived.
I could be wrong, but that is the impression that I gathered from the conversation.
Maybe someone from Triton could chime in on this..?

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the triple post there. Something we were talking about was the difference between the Triton Method and Other Method mixtures. It seems that many places still had the OM additives in stock. From my understanding, these would have been just fine for anyone that had run low/out of the TM additives. There is no difference in the main elements making up the additives. The TM mixture has slightly elevated Iron and a few other minor elements that are consumed by our macros. All of these elements are sold separately and could be added manually.
I only say this as I know some were running low or out of the TM mixtures when it seems the OM could have been used as a substitute until the TM arrived.
I could be wrong, but that is the impression that I gathered from the conversation.
Maybe someone from Triton could chime in on this..?

@Tim@Triton

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shawn, Core7 Reef Supplements, otherwise known as Other Methods is a perfectly fine substitute when you cannot source Core7 Base Elements. It has very slightly less trace elements, to account for the fact it is formulated for a reef tanks with either a smaller refugium or no refugium at all. The Mag, Cal and Alkalinity dosages are identical between the sets. Lines do not need to be purged, and you can add Core7 Reef Supplements directly to a container with the corresponding component of Core7 Base Elements.

OP
OP
ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shawn, Core7 Reef Supplements, otherwise known as Other Methods is a perfectly fine substitute when you cannot source Core7 Base Elements. It has very slightly less trace elements, to account for the fact it is formulated for a reef tanks with either a smaller refugium or no refugium at all. The Mag, Cal and Alkalinity dosages are identical between the sets. Lines do not need to be purged, and you can add Core7 Reef Supplements directly to a container with the corresponding component of Core7 Base Elements.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back