I might have another bobbit worm...

Discussion in 'General Invert Forum' started by MichelleRay, Jan 12, 2018.

1. MichelleRay

MichelleRay Member

I was feeding my coral today, and this worm came out of the rock to grab some food that had accumulated at the base of one. Its got 4 antennae, it looks to be covered in armor. Right now I would guess it about 3-4 mm thick. I saw about 2 inches of it protruding from the rock. It is extremely light sensitive and darted back at the first hint of my flashlight.

I had another tank a few years ago with rock from this same supplier. I found a bobbit worm in that rock and ended up dismantling the tank because I couldn't get rid of it. That one was a good foot to 2 feet long.

This time the rock this creature is in is isolated from the rest. Its in a bin up off the bottom well away from the rest so the worm is very unlikely to leave it. Once I'm sure what it is I will be killing this thing unless anyone here wants it. The rock is fairly small, maybe 6 x 3 x 3 or so which means it should be easy enough to ship if anyone's into deadly killer worms. -_-

Tags:

2. MichelleRay

MichelleRay Member

Also for anyone curious about where these deadly worms came from, I ordered both batches of rock from GulfLiveRock.com. Needless to say I don't recommend them.

3. reef lover

reef lover Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

4. Breadman03

Breadman03 Well-Known Member Catskill Reef Member

5. Shadowbass

Shadowbass Active Member

I want it if tiu get it intact and alive

reef lover likes this.
  6. MichelleRay

MichelleRay Member

I have not attempted to remove it yet. It's living in a piece of rubble in my refugium, which has no substrate. So if you want it I'd be packing that piece of rock up and just sending the whole thing. I can get a picture of the rock if you want one. I'm trying to see if I can see the thing again and make sure it's still there right now, but I see no reason it wouldn't be.

7. Shadowbass

Shadowbass Active Member

Awesome sauce! Pm me please!

Draft saved Draft deleted