I need a Nori 101 course

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use the Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Grazer?
I had tangs that would rip them off my Little Fishies magnet clip all the time. But now I use this magnetic grazer and they have yet to rip any off now.
I use it, it's great. I feel it is a much more natural feeding behavior.

BobT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clip attached to a floating bobber. After clipping I snip with scissors so smaller pieces can be pulled off

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a nori nibbler they are the best invention since sliced bread

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I Nori

Babyback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use the Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Grazer?
I had tangs that would rip them off my Little Fishies magnet clip all the time. But now I use this magnetic grazer and they have yet to rip any off now.
I use these as well, I have several and use one at each end of my tank. I know there are complaints of wasted nori behind the "grill", but I prefer that over pieces finding their way to the overflow.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took awhile, but I now have few fish that are into Nori, which is nice. Foxface and a Yellow tang love it, my wrasse and Anthias will also pick at it. My Kole tang for some reason still prefers pellets and cubes (I can't solve that here).

My question is - how do people hang it? Right now, I am using clips, and what happens is that the Foxface and yellow tang will pick at it at first, adn then eventually rip it right off of the clip (within an hour). So i have small sheet of Nori floating in the tank, and evntually chunks as they get done with it. Is there a better way to attach it to something or keep it secure. I am trying to prevent as much going into my overflow as possible.
I fold it into quarters so it is tighter in the clip. are you using the magnetic clips for such things?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would fold it tighter than to quarter. Fold the loose end inward to 16 or 32 times. This keeps the fish from tearing large chunks. Just bite size.
I took pictures of how I fold my nori, and suspended it to the top of the tank with fish line, to just under the water level.

bobb498

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a great nori feeder on Amazon. I have great luck with it. I let my Tang and Foxface pick at the openings all day and the next day I open it inside the tank and the break up the remains and let it float free. This way I only feed 1 sheet every other day. Search on Amazon for:

Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Grazer PRO - Magnetic Seaweed Feeder​

Nice strong magnet to. Don't have to worry about suction cups which never last long.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back