I need a reliable dosing setup! Help!

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at the point I need to start dosing I have a jaebo doser but it’s pretty sketchy sounding and one of the heads was doa . I’m debating on doing a Red Sea 4 head or 2 versa and if it’s worth saving the couple bucks maybe kamoer ? Any input is appreciated. I’m looking to dose 2 part with it

helmsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great success with my Red Sea 4 head doser, the app is great and you will tell you if it had dosed less than what was requested. I did however lean pretty heavy on my old bubble magus doser and it was a champ for a long time.

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was scared of dosing because of the headache of calibration but I’ve got it figured out on this cheap Chinese ones I think bubble magus would be similar . The app is probably way easier

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also kind of leaning towards Red Sea seems like a good bang for the buck and it allows to dose something extra in the future

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I will say is I did hear negative reviews on longevity and customer service

Phil Steel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the Kamoer F4Pro and it was pretty simple enough to use.

"Upgraded" to the Alkatronic/Dosetronic....much more finiky

helmsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I will say is I did hear negative reviews on longevity and customer service
Their customer service so far for me has been pretty good. I have a ReefWave 45 controller go bad and a few emails back and forth they shipped a new one to me at no cost. If its within warranty they are pretty good on helping.

OP
OP
salty_dawg

salty_dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their customer service so far for me has been pretty good. I have a ReefWave 45 controller go bad and a few emails back and forth they shipped a new one to me at no cost. If its within warranty they are pretty good on helping.
Well that’s awesome . Warranty is 1 year right? I read a bunch of mixed reviews I just hope it lasts a few years for 450$

Joe's Coral Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I've used ghl dosers for over 5 years. They are solid and reliable. The one downside is the wifi sucks bad. I've heard the new version 2.2 fixes this issue. I've always just ran a ethernet cable to them to get around the wifi.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back