• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

I NEED ASTERINA STARS

Irregardless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you consider them a nuisance? Are they messing with your zoa's? Are you tires of seeing 1-4 legged booger specs all over the your tank?

I want 'em.

I have a micro 26 oz I need to fill with Asterinas. I've already cleared out my local stores as they don't want them infesting their display tanks but I'm consistently in search of more.

Who can help?!

Tl;Dr

Sell me Asterina's so I can feed my Harleyquin.

edit/ I NEED Aquilonastra!!!

thanks @minus9

Last edited:

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The only thing I can really recommend is that you setup a breeder tank for the starts themselves. and use it to feed your shrimp. I know a member that has tons of them in his tank, let me ask him and see if he can help.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you consider them a nuisance? Are they messing with your zoa's? Are you tires of seeing 1-4 legged booger specs all over the your tank?

I want 'em.

I have a micro 26 oz I need to fill with Asterinas. I've already cleared out my local stores as they don't want them infesting their display tanks but I'm consistently in search of more.

Who can help?!

Tl;Dr

If you want to increase their numbers, then keep them in a tank that never gets cleaned (glass, etc) as they consume algae and will reproduce rapidly when they have an abundant food source. A side note, they are classified as Aquilonastra and not asterina. They do belong to the same family, but they are a different genus altogether. I would be willing to send you some if you pay for shipping, but I'm on the west coast. Feel free to PM me if you want.

OP
OP
Irregardless

Irregardless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to increase their numbers, then keep them in a tank that never gets cleaned (glass, etc) as they consume algae and will reproduce rapidly when they have an abundant food source. A side note, they are classified as Aquilonastra and not asterina. They do belong to the same family, but they are a different genus altogether. I would be willing to send you some if you pay for shipping, but I'm on the west coast. Feel free to PM me if you want.
Thats what im hoping to do with this micro tank. Thanks for the correction. Appreciate ya! PM incoming.

The only thing I can really recommend is that you setup a breeder tank for the starts themselves. and use it to feed your shrimp. I know a member that has tons of them in his tank, let me ask him and see if he can help.
Thats what that micro tank is intended for. I'm looking for someone with tons of them to make it worth their time/effort(shipping etc). Thanks for asking, that'd be dope.

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thats what im hoping to do with this micro tank. Thanks for the correction. Appreciate ya! PM incoming.

Thats what that micro tank is intended for. I'm looking for someone with tons of them to make it worth their time/effort(shipping etc). Thanks for asking, that'd be dope.
I see my friend @minus9 replied to you... did not want to put his name out there,,, gotta ask to see if has the time to help, as he is always busy with work.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I want 'em.

Who can help?!

Tl;Dr

edit/ I NEED Aquilonastra!!!

thanks @minus9

All I know is that irregardless is not a word lol. Its regardless. See no Spell corectin

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do realize that asternias will not feed a harlequin long term?

They actually eat the tube feet(which asterinias have very few) for the nutrition.

As said above, buy cheap chocolate chip stars to feed it(although I have read linkia(sp?) stars are the best nutrition wise for them).

OP
OP
Irregardless

Irregardless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do realize that asternias will not feed a harlequin long term?

They actually eat the tube feet(which asterinias have very few) for the nutrition.

As said above, buy cheap chocolate chip stars to feed it(although I have read linkia(sp?) stars are the best nutrition wise for them).
I do not realize this. Would you like to learn me?

All I know is that irregardless is not a word lol. Its regardless. See no Spell corectin
Oh but it is!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back