I need plumbing help ASAP!

josh4107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I’m in panic mode So I moved my tank last night and the bulk head for the return was impossible to get off so I had to cut it out after I was able to move it just enough. I have no clue about plumbing so I need your help on what I need to order for replacement parts. The return in the overflow is 1 1/2 inches. The picture is what I need to replace. Any help would be amazing so I don’t kill everything in my tank before I get it replaced.
1D7DB617-EEAE-4286-95DB-CC48D25AA16C.jpeg

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell by the picture but I believe you are looking for an 1.5 inch threaded on both sides bulk head, and then take your barb fittings out of the one you cut and put them in the new one.

The problem is, you're going to have a hard time finding that fitting somewhere locally.

Do you have an LFS you could go to?

Edit, just saw our friend @Ippyroy say a hardware store will have it. Worth a shot, the ones around me do not carry them though. BRS does have them though if you can wait for shipping.

OP
OP
josh4107

josh4107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a bulkhead and a couple of barbed fittings. You can pick them up at any hardware store.
Do you think Lowe’s would carry them? I’ll give it a shot. If not I’ll have them overnighted tomorrow for Tuesday. Everything is in the display including my skimmer and carbon reactor to try and prevent anything from dying til I can get it fixed.

OP
OP
josh4107

josh4107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Headed to Lowe’s wish me luck. Thanks for all the fast replies everyone! I knew I could count on this forum

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try a plumbing store...atleast at Lowe’s near me (northeast) I’ve yet to see any bulkheads especially not threadedxslip

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back