I need to add more lights... help needed.

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if concerned about heat get a fan and have it shoot on the water surface of the display. I have one that get triggered of temperature starts going up.

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lylelovett I have the same lights (also 3) over my 6 foot 180 gallon tank. I added 4 T5s via a DIY setup, I haven't taken PAR readings but the light spread is great and my SPS are looking real good. Also BRS just did a video on LED bars and they cover supplementing Kessils with them check it out.

Emerson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Grab this plus the kessil mounts. I will never go back to full LED. I think you will find a Hybrid setup amazing in color and growth.

@Matteo I have the same setup as you, but with A360NE + the AL w/ 4 x T5s. Curious as to what you run for a schedule, and how high your mount your fixture.
I've been running the Aquatic Life 48" fixture on my 90 gal (48" long) using Apex. I used to have my lights closer to the water at ~8" and LEDs at a lower setting (~50%), T5s for 4 hours to help with tank heat. I could never keep SPS. I think I wasn't getting enough light.
Now have the fixture at 13" and ramping LEDs up for 1 hour, 11 hours at ~60-70%, ramp down over 1 hour. 5 hours of T5s (ATI 2 x Coral+, 2 x Blue+) in the middle of the photo period. PAR is ~300 at 6" depth, 230 at 12" depth, and 150 at the bottom ~18-20". Not trying to hijack the thread, but seems pertinent to the discussion.

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bit the bullet and went with two Mitras LC7206 to start. Once I'm ready for it I may add a 3rd - but that won't be for a while. :)

Thanks everyone for your advice! Great community here.

Matteo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ati with 3 Blue + 1 coral + and running two 24" actinic current USA pro Lumen strips.

LEDs ramp on at 10am and turn off at 10pm.

Blue + channel turns on at 11 and turns off at 9:30. Blue/coral+ channel turns on at 12 and turns off at 9.

I'd say about 7+ in from my water. My tank my raise a degree when the lights are on but I have some fans so it ain't a big deal.

Winter time no worries about over heating at all.

My setup was growing sticks like crazy but I moved from sticks have and lps bta reef

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back