I Need Your Feedback On Filtration For A Frag Tank!

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so about 2 weeks ago I setup a frag tank its still currently on cycle. So I was wondering what would you guys do for filtration on this tank? Right now I have a hang on the back biowheel filter which has a bag of carbon in it. I was also thinking about tossing some pieces of rubble live rock into the filter.Would This be a good idea? Also I will be keeping all types of corals in this tank sps, lps,maybe some softies, zoas. Do you think I would need a skimmer on a frag tank? I plan to do weekly water changes. The tank is 25 gallons and I plan to have no sand or fish in the tank.

Thanks,
Reed

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your planning to feed the coral i would have a skimmer. there are several good hand on skimmers out there. SWC has a nice one out now. also some live rock rubble wont hurt anything. you could also put some in the tank if you have some coral you would like on rock someday.

reeferbuddy215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gal dual refugium and my sps grow so fast and I think I'm gonna build a big refugium as filtration with sump and skimmer

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back