OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! He is awesome. He went right to the anemone immediately when added to the display and has stayed there. The crevice the anemone is in is deep and large and he has enjoyed it all for himself. In fact, I think a future Clownfish may tolerate his presence if he layed low under the anemone.

I will try to get more pictures, but today he has stayed deeper within the rock. Last night after lights out he was perched right at the top of the anemone with his filter feeding claws extended out into the flow.

His coloring is pretty similar to a Harlequin, @WallyB now that I think of it. They are beautiful creatures as well. I have only seen one asterina in the tank, but if they ever showed up in numbers I might consider renting one of those from the LFS.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me wish I had a asterina star problem :)
I miss my Harley's... :(, but they sure did wipe out the asterina outbreak that I had.
They never went after the other starfish that I had. They eat certain starfish, but not all species.

@NY_Caveman
Love your Porcelain crab... ;Woot ;Woot

:)

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss my Harley's... :(, but they sure did wipe out the asterina outbreak that I had.
They never went after the other starfish that I had. They eat certain starfish, but not all species.

@NY_Caveman
Love your Porcelain crab... ;Woot ;Woot

:)
how long did you have them? did you end up having to buy them star fish to feed them?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long did you have them? did you end up having to buy them star fish to feed them?
I had the pair for about 8 to 9 months. When they took care of the outbreak, I took them back to the Aquatic Critter and got $60 in store credit.
I did not want to freeze Chocolate Chips to spot feed the pair, but it was a tough decision.

When I saw them parachuting off my live rock, to ride the currents during lights on, I knew they were real hungry.

Someone else bought the pair before I left the reef shop.

Coolest shrimp that I ever had... :cool:

Last edited:

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say hello to my little friend
20F2AA9B-6063-4B9D-A622-0E7DAD4DF787.jpeg

I must say, nothing in my tank so far has caused me to reminisce so much about my early reefing days. This Anemone Porcelain Crab is awesome. I forgot how much I really loved the little hitchhiker crab that came with my H. magnifica in the 1990s. This little fella has great colors and a super cool skull pattern. I feel like @cromag27 might really enjoy this one.

Super cool! I love just sitting and watching mine in the nem. He never leaves except to molt.

I’m wanting a couple more rose bubbles so I can get some anemone shrimp. They are pretty cool to.

And a couple mini maxi nems with sexy shrimp. I had those in my last tank and that was a special treat to watch.

My Mr Crabs
69847a8a2832a7043542323185b574c6.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back