OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well friends, I started planning this tank about a year and a half ago. It has been running for 6.5 months. I can honestly say today is the greatest day of all because of this
F3FC78DE-23FA-4160-ACC2-CBBD96A46E73.jpeg

8C2336C6-57A7-46A9-88AE-2563B99AB683.jpeg

To me, this is reefing. It took him three days, but he is in and swimming in the embrace of hugging tentacles. Both will benefit from their relationship and I instantly feel better about the health of both critters.

It must have happened overnight. I am a little bummed I missed the Clownfish acclimating himself, but too happy to really care. Here is some nuzzling.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well friends, I started planning this tank about a year and a half ago. It has been running for 6.5 months. I can honestly say today is the greatest day of all because of this

To me, this is reefing. It took him three days, but he is in and swimming in the embrace of hugging tentacles. Both will benefit from their relationship and I instantly feel better about the health of both critters.

It must have happened overnight. I am a little bummed I missed the Clownfish acclimating himself, but too happy to really care. Here is some nuzzling.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

And your right, this kind of stuff is what its all about.

I remember the first time it happened for me. I got to witness it.

I’m not to hopeful that my current Ocs will find or be hosted by my rose bubble. And I’m ok with that as my anemone Crabs has called it home for quite some time.

I have found a healthy and beautiful H Magnifica. 12”! It’s the Ocs natural host.

It’s a 4 hour drive and I’m seriously considering doing it.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

And your right, this kind of stuff is what its all about.

I remember the first time it happened for me. I got to witness it.

I’m not to hopeful that my current Ocs will find or be hosted by my rose bubble. And I’m ok with that as my anemone Crabs has called it home for quite some time.

I have found a healthy and beautiful H Magnifica. 12”! It’s the Ocs natural host.

It’s a 4 hour drive and I’m seriously considering doing it.

My first anemone years ago was an H. magnifica and I loved him. Beautiful anemones. I know you have enough anemones already, but you really should do it. I would be looking for one myself, but this tank is just too small.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried Okeefs working hands? Might help...

I have not. I tend to avoid lotions, but use them when it gets like this. I have some prescription stuff when it gets real bad.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first anemone years ago was an H. magnifica and I loved him. Beautiful anemones. I know you have enough anemones already, but you really should do it. I would be looking for one myself, but this tank is just too small.

Thanks! I’ve read where Ocs basically dive into them as soon as they are placed in the tank. Hours at most. It’s my favorite relationship in a reef tank and I really miss it. And 2 clowns sitting in a corner doesn’t compare to 2 clowns in a nem!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s a great video

I think I must have 2 stupid clown fish as mine stay in the top left hand corner of the tank!

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's awesome! Always great when a well thought out plan comes into action! I haven't had a BTA since long ago, and the relationship with the clowns is always a site to behold!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wish I could like this one twice! It really does make both the fish and anemone so much more enjoyable!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a great video

I think I must have 2 stupid clown fish as mine stay in the top left hand corner of the tank!

My 2 clowns are also in the stupid category. It’s been over 6 months with them and my BTA, but the clowns just stay in the right front corner of the tank. The closest thing to host them is the cord on my gyre pump they sometimes hang out near!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is that clown alone?

He is not alone. He has the anemone. :) The reason is I am not sure my tank is big enough for two. I actually spent a long time thinking if it was even big enough for one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the latex gloves and add a Size 61 rubber band around your wrist. Keeps the water out while allowing circulation.

I have calf birthing gloves that go to my shoulder. They actually work great. The only issue I have had is super glueing them to several things when adding frags. Hard to glue meticulously with gloves.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, that clown is gorgeous! :)

Thanks! I was convinced I would have to order one. Since each has a unique pattern, I felt I was lucky to get to pick one locally.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back