I Received a NEW Trident NP Nitrate & Phosphate Tester!!!!

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've reached out twice, once last week and again yesterday. Each time they said it should ship "today or tomorrow". If it doesn't ship today 6/7, they'll have missed twice on that promise. BRS is great and I always enjoy working with them, but it does appear that they're having stock issues - tough to see any other explanation, but maybe there is one.

Comic_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've reached out twice, once last week and again yesterday. Each time they said it should ship "today or tomorrow". If it doesn't ship today 6/7, they'll have missed twice on that promise. BRS is great and I always enjoy working with them, but it does appear that they're having stock issues - tough to see any other explanation, but maybe there is one.
Mine went out yesterday. I ordered within minutes of it going live. So they are catching up but yeah seems there may have been some issues with orders and inventory.

elryry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I’m wondering how much interest I’m getting on this loan I gave them for a product advertised as in stock when I ordered :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Sylvester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wild. I’ve had a Neptune controller for over 20 years. Had one of the first aquacontrollers. Guess they don’t like that I give harsh feedback. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wouldn’t get all sad lol. If this money brick shows results like my Trident , they can keep it. I ain’t buying it.

Sylvester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New user? What makes you think that?
See Pic below of my setup please. I just spent a weekend converting it from the Apex classic lite I purchased new in 2012. Maybe that's why they chose me to review this unit?

Thank you - just looked at my first order from BRS - January 19, 2010. I didn't realize it's been 14 years

Anyhow.... I just installed the Trident NP and ready to activate tomorrow. Side note - Neptune changed their landing page for the NP to the new units graphics! Although it's still password protected.

PXL_20240529_232155399.jpg Screenshot_20240529-194404.png PXL_20240303_233551912.jpg
I’ll review it for you. Just more money spent on something that doesn’t make you a better reefer, or will 100% save you.

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update - I received a shipping notice that it shipped today and is scheduled to be here 6/12. Excited to try it out. Will report back.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmn, not many user reports on this unit (I’ve just seen two user reports). Rather seems that perhaps the pictures of pallets of these things were gamesmanship?

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my Trident NP Saturday. I followed the procedure to the tee. When I hooked up the NP to the system the NP would not update . I also had 7 missing modules. It took sometime to figure out that I had a bad 1 Link cable. After replacing the 1 link cable I further found that I had to delete two FFM modules and reinstall all items associated with the FFM. This is my opinion so far. It only tests once a day. There are no other choices. Next there is no controlled dosing like with the regular Trident. Calibration of the unit is sketchy. There is no task for calibration . There is a calibration in the NP it self but I hear it's not recommended to use.The unit for what it does was rushed into production. Granted further updates I hear are coming.

NP 1.PNG NP 2.PNG

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I received my Trident NP Saturday. I followed the procedure to the tee. When I hooked up the NP to the system the NP would not update . I also had 7 missing modules. It took sometime to figure out that I had a bad 1 Link cable. After replacing the 1 link cable I further found that I had to delete two FFM modules and reinstall all items associated with the FFM. This is my opinion so far. It only tests once a day. There are no other choices. Next there is no controlled dosing like with the regular Trident. Calibration of the unit is sketchy. There is no task for calibration . There is a calibration in the NP it self but I hear it's not recommended to use.The unit for what it does was rushed into production. Granted further updates I hear are coming.

NP 1.PNG NP 2.PNG
How do you feel about the accuracy?

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone running a low phosphate system (sub 0.05) and using the trident NP?

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my acro flat at 5-15ppb according to the Hanna egg. Very impressed with phos accuracy this far.

IMG_0649.png

Last edited:

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Running flawlessly for me as well. Setup was pretty straightforward and accurate as of test 1! I’m loving it so far.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back