I stocked a boring tank

CookieRdReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma is an awesome fish. Mine did hide when I first got him but is always out now. Chromis will swim around in circles all day long if you want something that is always visible. I have seen my 2 Chromis hiding exactly once since I have owned them. I couldnt find them for about 5 minutes and t

CookieRdReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... and thought they were dead somewhere because they are normally always out.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite fish for a smaller system would have to be a Pygmy angel/cherub angel.
^^ This and if you are willing to gamble on a 6 Line, your tank will be busy with two active swimmers. I used to have those two with my pair of clowns in 29 biocube and they are the best buddies. Always following each other and don’t bicker.

Evanbardiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i added a 6 line to my tank and i noticed those two really like to hang out with each other. And they like to do it in the front of my tank. Absolutely awesome fish combo. And their color really helps my white rockscape with my white clowns (dont worry, the wrasse and cherub are being transferred to a new bigger tank by the end of the year)

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the iM 25 lagoon with a pair on neon gobies, 2 clown fish and a awesome small goby sorry cant think of the name and they are all out and not boring at all!!

OP
OP
MeMyFishandI

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Orchid Dottyback is no longer in the tank. I did a water change and pulled out the rock the fish was living in. No trace of it at all. My only guess is that maybe the peppermint shrimp got it? I'll look at adding new stock in the fall.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts. I greatly appreciate them!

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Peps before and I don't think they could get a fish, unless someone here says otherwise. Very docile in my tank.
We just bought a striped blenny, very cool little fish. Looks good and very active. Put him in our quarantine tank that was full of copepods and he went to town on them.
Another very cool fish that you might like, if you can find one is the tailspot blenny.

Oh Hey!

OP
OP
MeMyFishandI

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Peps before and I don't think they could get a fish, unless someone here says otherwise. Very docile in my tank.
We just bought a striped blenny, very cool little fish. Looks good and very active. Put him in our quarantine tank that was full of copepods and he went to town on them.
Another very cool fish that you might like, if you can find one is the tailspot blenny.

Oh Hey!

I'm blaming the shrimp because it was the newest addition to the tank, it went in a week Friday. The last time I saw the Orchid Dottyback was last Sunday. Of course, it is all speculation.

I do like those tailspot blennys!

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice, with a nano tank (mine is 20g) make it a docile tank as the cramped quarters bring out the worst of the borderline fish. Six-line, orchid DB, Royal gammas.. all beautiful & hardy fish but they are territorial & will claim 3/4 of the tank. I finally had to get rid of my gamma. He constantly tormented my yellow watchman & stressed the entire tank.

Not saying those 3 won’t work in a 20-25g, but i think it’s the exception vs rule. After trading my RG in for a fire fish, my tank is much more lively.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back