I think this is a Zoa? ID help

AceB9908

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2019
Messages
131
Reaction score
163
Location
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the attached image is a frag that a buddy of mine who runs an LFS gave me. In the store they were listed as "Yellow Brick Polyps"

They seem like Zoa's with a few noticeable differences, mainly being how tall/long they extend, and the length of the lashes. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen anything similar and can help me ID it? He said they spread pretty quickly as well.

20201002_165223.jpg
 
hi,i believe yellow wood polyps :)
 
Scientific name

Family: Parazoanthidae
Species: Parazoanthus gracilis

Note: The Yellow polyps have not yet been scientifically identified to the species level, or even to the genus level. So this is not a valid scientific name or classification for these zoanthids.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new