IceCap scrubber?

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
I have been looking for a scrubber for awhile now since I don't want to diy one. I just got an email that Icecap came out with a budget friendly scrubber.

There's not much info on them, but has anyone seen them in action? Apparently they were at MACNA. I like my icecap gyre so I figure this could be decent.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been looking for a scrubber for awhile now since I don't want to diy one. I just got an email that Icecap came out with a budget friendly scrubber.

There's not much info on them, but has anyone seen them in action? Apparently they were at MACNA. I like my icecap gyre so I figure this could be decent.
I saw it at MACNA and was impressed with what I saw. Let's see if we can get some more input...

@CoralVue @[email protected] @[email protected]

OP
R

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know you could do that haha

While we're at it, there are 3 outputs, is it main, secondary than emergency?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score

You can't with many vendors, but that is one of the things that sets the @CoralVue team apart and they have high quality products, they know their products, and they have an active presence here on R2R!!!

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score

Here is the email announcement we recently sent out: https://mailchi.mp/coralvue/icecap-algae-scrubbers-end-users

Here is a link to a more detailed product description: https://www.coralvue.com/icecap-turf-scrubber

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score

There is a drain and a safety drain. What may look like a third outlet is capped on the side; that piece is where water trickles down on the screen inside the unit.

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The units are out there and all are at the same price point. I am a clear water owner and looks like I may very well be making a change. The looks alone have me sold not to mention the drain assemblies, light block out and the ease if access to cleaning.
Easy to build a platform for these folks !! -
Take 4 pieces of eggcrate cut to desired height/width and using nylon tie straps, strap together into a cage and it is now a Platform for your scrubber and matches the Ice Cap housing

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
The units are out there and all are at the same price point. I am a clear water owner and looks like I may very well be making a change. The looks alone have me sold not to mention the drain assemblies, light block out and the ease if access to cleaning.
Easy to build a platform for these folks !! -
Take 4 pieces of eggcrate cut to desired height/width and using nylon tie straps, strap together into a cage and it is now a Platform for your scrubber and matches the Ice Cap housing
Great tip!

Well, I just ordered one :). Stay tuned for updates.
That is so awesome! Thank you very much. Please shoot us an email if you need any help with installation at [email protected]. Looking forward to seeing some growth shots!

OP
R

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey @[email protected] is the plumbing standard USA plumbing? All the sizes are in mm. I have 25mm for the main drain the 15mm for the emergency and 16mm for the inlet. What is that in standard plumbing? I don't want to bring this to HD to figure that out

Top Shelf Aquatics
Build a Better Aquarium at Marine Depot