IceCap scrubber?

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for a scrubber for awhile now since I don't want to diy one. I just got an email that Icecap came out with a budget friendly scrubber.

There's not much info on them, but has anyone seen them in action? Apparently they were at MACNA. I like my icecap gyre so I figure this could be decent.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been looking for a scrubber for awhile now since I don't want to diy one. I just got an email that Icecap came out with a budget friendly scrubber.

There's not much info on them, but has anyone seen them in action? Apparently they were at MACNA. I like my icecap gyre so I figure this could be decent.

I saw it at MACNA and was impressed with what I saw. Let's see if we can get some more input...

@CoralVue @Jeff@CoralVue @Carlos@CoralVue

OP
OP
R

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I didn't know you could do that haha

While we're at it, there are 3 outputs, is it main, secondary than emergency?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

You can't with many vendors, but that is one of the things that sets the @CoralVue team apart and they have high quality products, they know their products, and they have an active presence here on R2R!!!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is the email announcement we recently sent out: https://mailchi.mp/coralvue/icecap-algae-scrubbers-end-users

Here is a link to a more detailed product description: https://www.coralvue.com/icecap-turf-scrubber

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is a drain and a safety drain. What may look like a third outlet is capped on the side; that piece is where water trickles down on the screen inside the unit.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The units are out there and all are at the same price point. I am a clear water owner and looks like I may very well be making a change. The looks alone have me sold not to mention the drain assemblies, light block out and the ease if access to cleaning.
Easy to build a platform for these folks !! -
Take 4 pieces of eggcrate cut to desired height/width and using nylon tie straps, strap together into a cage and it is now a Platform for your scrubber and matches the Ice Cap housing

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The units are out there and all are at the same price point. I am a clear water owner and looks like I may very well be making a change. The looks alone have me sold not to mention the drain assemblies, light block out and the ease if access to cleaning.
Easy to build a platform for these folks !! -
Take 4 pieces of eggcrate cut to desired height/width and using nylon tie straps, strap together into a cage and it is now a Platform for your scrubber and matches the Ice Cap housing

Great tip!

Well, I just ordered one :). Stay tuned for updates.

That is so awesome! Thank you very much. Please shoot us an email if you need any help with installation at [email protected]. Looking forward to seeing some growth shots!

OP
OP
R

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came in today from Clear Choice, I went with the medium. It's going to take me some time to figure out where to mount it. The led is crazy bright

20190913_122423.jpg 20190913_123129.jpg

OP
OP
R

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Jeff@CoralVue is the plumbing standard USA plumbing? All the sizes are in mm. I have 25mm for the main drain the 15mm for the emergency and 16mm for the inlet. What is that in standard plumbing? I don't want to bring this to HD to figure that out

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%

Back