ich or lympho on pink streak/cryptic wrasse

bobdesi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Hi there, my Cryptic Wrasse affectionately named Steve Buscemi has some white spots on him today. One prominent one on the top of the dorsal fin, and another on the left side that is also amongst some paleness that I can’t tell if is part of the same thing or aggression from the clownfish, kind of looks like could be missing scales. Would greatly appreciate any help diagnosing. He seems unaffected, active and eating well image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
image.jpg

Hi there, my Cryptic Wrasse affectionately named Steve Buscemi has some white spots on him today. One prominent one on the top of the dorsal fin, and another on the left side that is also amongst some paleness that I can’t tell if is part of the same thing or aggression from the clownfish, kind of looks like could be missing scales. Would greatly appreciate any help diagnosing. He seems unaffected, active and eating well image.jpg
Looks like a sting or injury and my suspect cause is injury from something like a rabbit fish, urchin or similar. Should heal on its own but Do keep an eye on it for healing and not becoming infected

OP
OP
bobdesi

bobdesi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a sting or injury and my suspect cause is injury from something like a rabbit fish, urchin or similar. Should heal on its own but Do keep an eye on it for healing and not becoming infected
We do have an urchin, never thought of that but makes sense. Thank you for the quick response!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We do have an urchin, never thought of that but makes sense. Thank you for the quick response!
Often food will fall onto an urchin and a given fish will try to recover it and in the process gets that OUCH from a needle

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on it looking like a minor scrape/injury. With ich, the white spots will come and go and change in location and relative number over time. If you see that, and if the number of spots increases or psreads to other fish, you might start considering that it could be ich.

Jay

OP
OP
bobdesi

bobdesi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on it looking like a minor scrape/injury. With ich, the white spots will come and go and change in location and relative number over time. If you see that, and if the number of spots increases or psreads to other fish, you might start considering that it could be ich.

Jay
Thanks Jay!

OP
OP
bobdesi

bobdesi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to follow up y’all were right Steve Buscemi has completely healed and no more spots to be found. thanks again!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back