Ich outbreak!!

I helped break down a 260 gall tank in exchange for livestock. Which included two yellow tangs, one hippo tang, a coral beauty angel fish, another angel fish, and two clowns. After moving/stressing the fish I had an ick outbreak. I use Kent Garlic Extreme, UV sterilizer, and more importantly made sure to keep my water parameters perfect and fish feed well, in an effort to boost the fishes natural immune system. It's been about 3 months and I haven't lost a fish. IF I had a hospital tank set up ready to go with the SAME water parameters as my main display, I would've gone that route. If I were you I wouldn't stress the fish more then I had to. I have rushed to set up hospital tanks in the past and still lost fish.
+1
Excellent decision.
 
Well I forgot I don't have any heater and filter to use it for my qt. any can send me a free heater and filter?
I'm in San Jose california.
Don't have enough money to buy a heater and filter cause I don't work yet I'm just 15 yrs old.

It is not just filter and heater only when you treat your fishes. You will spend more money for everything else, if you are not prepare good enough your fishes will be in dangerous. I agree with Reef Stu advice but you need research more about what he said.
 
Well I forgot I don't have any heater and filter to use it for my qt. any can send me a free heater and filter?
I'm in San Jose california.
Don't have enough money to buy a heater and filter cause I don't work yet I'm just 15 yrs old.
Try posting this in a local reef club, could might find a member that would let you borrow the equipment
 
that is impressive. I've done many times the same helping other reefers out but never that fast, especially with the wrasses! good work sir!

The end result is totally worth it. I have many fragile species that cannot survive in ich management systems that are thriving. It's great knowing my Achilles tang, powder blue tang, powder brown, many other tangs, regal angel, and others are safe. It's amazing how few fish die in my tanks these days!
 
It is not just filter and heater only when you treat your fishes. You will spend more money for everything else, if you are not prepare good enough your fishes will be in dangerous. I agree with Reef Stu advice but you need research more about what he said.
No, I got all the equipment that I need except for the heater and filter.
 
Well I forgot I don't have any heater and filter to use it for my qt. any can send me a free heater and filter?
I'm in San Jose california.
Don't have enough money to buy a heater and filter cause I don't work yet I'm just 15 yrs old.
Any one?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new