OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive used Polyp medic more than once. Its peroxide salts and rarely works with ich but better with velvet and simply stopped as it was not effective and at $40 , you can darn near buy a quarantine tank for same money. Jay confirmed and made it clear as I also stated the effective method to fixing this. Too many short cuts suggested and you need to fix this now. Your lights were off and when you saw fish, it looked clear - For now. By Mid day you will notice spots all over it once again
spots have been gone for about 10 hours, still no signs on other fish

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with everything @Jay Hemdal and @vetteguy53081 are saying. I also know that every system is different and what works in one may not in another. That being said, this what I did. I used polyp lab medic, increased water changes, added a uv and fed heavy, soaking the food in garlic extreme, Selcon and Vitachem. That was February of 2020. All my fish are alive and well except one clown that was bullied to death by the other. And yes I have a royal gramma.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I agree with everything @Jay Hemdal and @vetteguy53081 are saying. I also know that every system is different and what works in one may not in another. That being said, this what I did. I used polyp lab medic, increased water changes, added a uv and fed heavy, soaking the food in garlic extreme, Selcon and Vitachem. That was February of 2020. All my fish are alive and well except one clown that was bullied to death by the other. And yes I have a royal gramma.
Polyp Lab Medic is peroxide salts and will break down with UV unit and UV will address free floating protozoan, not whats on the fish

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back