ICH?

Psherman42

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2026
Messages
43
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done a post earlier about my RG. Just seen this. Hes diving in the sand. Is it ich? I dont have a QT stupid i know. I have 2 other clownfish too. Help please ive never had to deal with a sick fish....



20260911_181856.jpg
 
Done a post earlier about my RG. Just seen this. Hes diving in the sand. Is it ich? I dont have a QT stupid i know. I have 2 other clownfish too. Help please ive never had to deal with a sick fish....



20260911_181856.jpg
any closer/higher definition photos or videos? ich is small white spots but by the video and photo it is hard to see if there is any
 
Maybe Flukes? That doesn't look like Ich to me but I'm not an expert.
Whats the difference? He had a little white spot on his head it fell off when he dived into sand.
 
any closer/higher definition photos or videos? ich is small white spots but by the video and photo it is hard to see if there is any
This is best I can get. He moves too fast.



Screenshot_20260911_183542_Gallery.jpg
 
Those white discolored areas are common to Gramma's. I have one about 3 years old and he has some white patches and he is perfectly healthy. What mine has never done is scratch on the sand bed so that's a problem.
 
The is classic Fluke behavior. Royal Grammas are very susceptible to Flukes. You can treat with Prazi Pro in your Tank
Its coral and invert safe? There's no way im catching him in the tank he has a whole cave system. If they are falling off likely flukes? My clowns may have too. dang. It was going so well. How long do I have?
 
Those white discolored areas are common to Gramma's. I have one about 3 years old and he has some white patches and he is perfectly healthy. What mine has never done is scratch on the sand bed so that's a problem.
Yeah see im confused. Hes still eating but he looks irritated. I should have done a QT but dont have the money atm. I'll watch to see if it spreads, I think someone else is right, flukes cause I see the same starting on my clowns. I really hope its not brook.
 
Its coral and invert safe? There's no way im catching him in the tank he has a whole cave system. If they are falling off likely flukes? My clowns may have too. dang. It was going so well. How long do I have?
Prazipro is reef safe. I'd wouldn't worry too much about your Clowns as they rarely get Flukes. I'd don't know why, Jay may have an explanation. Fish will rarely go off feed with Flukes until they are in dire straits.
 
Done a post earlier about my RG. Just seen this. Hes diving in the sand. Is it ich? I dont have a QT stupid i know. I have 2 other clownfish too. Help please ive never had to deal with a sick fish....



20260911_181856.jpg

Sorry - your video wouldn't play for me. Posting a public thread on YouTube and linking it here may work better.

The white mucus lesions in the still photo aren't ich, but as mentioned, the fish *could* have ich, just that it's not showing well in the photo.

Diving against things in the tank is called "flashing" or scratching. Ich doesn't cause much of that, but flukes do.

The first post in this thread explains how to treat your display with praziquantel for flukes. It is reef safe:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dosing-praziquantel-pzq.1105700/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new