Ich

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m no stranger when it comes to fish disease and care but this one is new for me. I’ve never had ich in a saltwater tank before and I’m starting to see the first signs of it!! So my question is how do I cure it? Also do I have to remove the fish from the coral tank or not and if so how do I catch them without destroying my aquascape?

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m no stranger when it comes to fish disease and care but this one is new for me. I’ve never had ich in a saltwater tank before and I’m starting to see the first signs of it!! So my question is how do I cure it? Also do I have to remove the fish from the coral tank or not and if so how do I catch them without destroying my aquascape?
If you have a way to minimize death to your still health fish, go for it. Curing it??? The powers that be really haven’t figured that one out yet. Many years ago, I had a fish (Tang) that had ich and I dosed Polyp Labs Medic. It seemed to have worked that time. My losses were minimal. Do yourself a favor and purchase fish from stores that quarantine their fish prior to sale. Those who don’t, sell their fish in low salinity keeping the hitchhiking parasite at bay until they acclimate to your ideal 1.026 levels. Then it’s too late. Good luck with this.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back