Ick

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if this is ick I just got him about 4 days ago it’s an emperor angel he’s been eating the seaweed off the seaweed clip, and he’s been eating mysis shrimp and is really active and seems happy to me
IMG_2394.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes it is ice - requiring copper treamtne for 30 days per protocol And then consider the other fish exposed

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know if this is ick I just got him about 4 days ago it’s an emperor angel he’s been eating the seaweed off the seaweed clip, and he’s been eating mysis shrimp and is really active and seems happy to me
IMG_2394.jpeg
PS - he likely did not get those spots in 4 hours - I would contact t your LFS

DrinkinPepsi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

this worked great for me

OP
OP
cale_tino

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is ice - requiring copper treamtne for 30 days per protocol And then consider the other fish exposed
Will metroPlex work to I already have it and I have coral in my tank and I heard that copper will kill the coral

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will metroPlex work to I already have it and I have coral in my tank and I heard that copper will kill the coral
Correct, you can’t dose copper in a tank with corals. In fact, most ich medications will be toxic to corals and most other invertebrates.
Do you have a treatment tank available? If not, you are going to have an uphill battle if this is ich. You can search here for “ich management” plus my name. I compiled a series of techniques to try and manage ich, but be forewarned, it doesn’t always work.

Jay

OP
OP
cale_tino

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, you can’t dose copper in a tank with corals. In fact, most ich medications will be toxic to corals and most other invertebrates.
Do you have a treatment tank available? If not, you are going to have an uphill battle if this is ich. You can search here for “ich management” plus my name. I compiled a series of techniques to try and manage ich, but be forewarned, it doesn’t always work.

Jay
No I do not have a separate tank but I will 100% look you up thank you

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back