Id Goby Pls...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mabisyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mabisyo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone?? i've been looking and i haven't found a match because of the 3spots on the Top fin...would really appreciate it...he's been in QT for a month now and I need to know if he's reefsafe and wouldn't eat up my Clean up crew and ornamental Inverts...TIA!
3spotgoby.jpg

3spotgoby2.jpg

3spotgobybest.jpg
 
Best name I could come up with was Blue Spot Shrimp Goby.

I saw pictures that had anywhere from two to four spots on their fin.

My experience with shrimp gobbies is limited to my Randall's, and he does not bother anything. He is content to hang out on his front porch and play with his shrimp buddie.

I am sure somebody with most personal experience could chime in, but the websites I saw said they are fine in a reef tank, but that they are jumpers, so you may want to watch him if it is an open-topped tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new