ID help for this Sea Cucumber

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this guy up to replace a sea hare that got killed in my powerhead. He's overall light brown and ugly as sin.

I'm hoping he will knock out my green hair algae while my new GFO reactor goes to work. Is this the case?

cuc.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell from the lighting, but it could be a tiger tail. Tiger tails are nocturnal, spend most of their time in rocks and will usually "den" once they've found a favorite spot. Mine were always going through the substrate.

OP
OP
Phyber

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell from the lighting, but it could be a tiger tail. Tiger tails are nocturnal, spend most of their time in rocks and will usually "den" once they've found a favorite spot. Mine were always going through the substrate.

He does seem to be nocturnal thus far. I've seen him find a cave to hide in all day. Early this AM I saw him on the glass near my frag rack...

Did yours help with GHA? In the limited time I had my sea hare I saw evidence he was eating algae...Can't tell yet with this thing...

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a tiger tail. Awesome sand sifter. It eats dirty sand and poops out sparkling clean piles. Very hardy.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does seem to be nocturnal thus far. I've seen him find a cave to hide in all day. Early this AM I saw him on the glass near my frag rack...

Did yours help with GHA? In the limited time I had my sea hare I saw evidence he was eating algae...Can't tell yet with this thing...
Almost certainly a tiger tail then from what you describe. He probably won't help with GHA, but he will keep your substrate sparkling clean!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back