ID on algae

kropa008

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2021
Messages
53
Reaction score
18
Location
Scranton
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I've went fallow on my tank for a couple months due to a velvet outbreak. During this time I started to get some GHA throughout the tank and it slowly turned into this webby reddish algae. I was thinking about getting some fish soon since the velvet is more than eradicated by now, but I would like to know what this algae is, if it's dangerous to fish, and how I would go about treating it. Attached below are some pics of it under normal lighting and under plain white lighting. Thanks for reading!

245F58CC-FB43-48E9-9C4D-260DBB8CC6BC.jpeg 6D9667AD-98F5-403E-A2E3-0ABDB49F0CC5.jpeg 7B878E46-4074-4162-8452-D243DBA9DC98.jpeg D3FF0E20-BC52-4AAD-9BB4-B4AE3A1B2040.jpeg 57879A38-6337-44CA-AC8E-B40DCA017180.jpeg B1EBE5A1-6198-4C4A-962D-3E4399F9E61D.jpeg
 
Can you post your parameters so we can have a better idea of what's going on?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new