I'd please? What on earth is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter prsnlty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2011
Messages
7,541
Reaction score
5,049
Location
Citrus Co, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this guy...
2e3f960627b163d90444c404a9cf4098.jpg

I've been in this hobbie for years and have never seen one of these. It's in my 45g where I put runaway corals (xenia and such)
 
Found this guy...
2e3f960627b163d90444c404a9cf4098.jpg

I've been in this hobbie for years and have never seen one of these. It's in my 45g where I put runaway corals (xenia and such)
Kind of looks like an anemone? Does it have a mouth?
 
Yes like a snails mouth. But the white section of it comes and goes away. Can't see its back side. It appeared to have some sort of shell on the back when I first saw it.
 
some kind of Spaghetti nudibranch? lol.. I'm baffled.

@Lionfish Lair
I think you might have been correct the 1st time... the shell may have just been stuck to it. Got another pic as it changed to this....
b60184e4e9323b1acaef241791ff5089.jpg

There are no nems of any kind in this tank and never has been.... also this tank has nothing new added in over a year. Very strange!
 
That is super cool and interesting. I've never seen anything like that.
 
yea.......:(
did it ever open up? all mine are pretty "vigorous" and open up quick.
No and it disappeared during a wc. I see no reason for a "good" nem to be in this particular tank though so I doubt it is a good one. This is my "where do I put it" catch all tank and other than a monthly wc it's pretty much ignored. Strangely there is no algae and such here but there is aptasia. I have just never seen one look like this one... and I've been in this hobby for years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new