ID prettiest please with a cherry on top!

  • Thread starter Thread starter hannahbee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hannahbee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heey reefers, Happy Halloweeen!

Whats your best guess on this beauty??

Its BRIGHT electric green!!

I dont think its a letposeris because of the structure of the ridges,

I dont think its a pachyseris also because it has a very different structure along its ridges as well.

Thanks peeps hope you have a spooky night!
20191031_194900.jpg
20191031_194915.jpg
20191031_194915.jpg
 
It is Pavona
 
I'm guessing Pavona decussata (sp?)

@motortrendz if yours is smoother and thinner lobes checkout P. cactus
Yup your right I think this is a cactus pavona now that I'm looking them up. Not sure what type mine is. mines very thin and doesnt have the PE like the OPs
 
Make sure you really love that coral. They are virtually impossible to kill and will overgrow ANYTHING. The bane of my existence, I wish I never got one.- also they throw vicious sweeper tentacles up to a few inches long, evil buggers.
 
Last edited:
Make sure you really love that coral. They are virtually impossible to kill and will overgrow ANYTHING. The bane of my existence, I wish I never got one.- also they throw vicious sweeper tentacles up to a few inches long, evil buggers.

I think pavona is pretty neat, but you are not wrong, it's a very resilient coral, great choice for those new to SPS, but treat it like GSP
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new