Ideas for a quarantine tank?

Fdeluca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Starting my second attempt at reefing. This time I'm doing it right... I hope. My main tank display is a 55 gallon with a fiji AIO as The sump. The plan is to house softies and LPS along with a hand full of smaller fish.

This time im also setting up a small quarantine tank to house new coral and livestock before entering my display tank. My plan is to use an Evo 13.5 as a QT tank (after some upgrades of course). I live in an apartment so space is scarce or i would go bigger with both tanks. Anyone have any suggestions on if this sounds feasible?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very feasible :) 10-20 gallons is a great size QT for most fish and I suspect you won't be housing anything too large that would be appropriate for your 55. I used to use an old biocube for my QT, but really any container that will comfortably house the fish and you can disinfect easily will work :)

bean2986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That size should be more than enough- just remember if you intend to use any medications you will need a separate tank so you don't put in anything toxic to corals/ inverts that you want to QT.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back