Ideas for a quarantine tank?

Fdeluca

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Starting my second attempt at reefing. This time I'm doing it right... I hope. My main tank display is a 55 gallon with a fiji AIO as The sump. The plan is to house softies and LPS along with a hand full of smaller fish.

This time im also setting up a small quarantine tank to house new coral and livestock before entering my display tank. My plan is to use an Evo 13.5 as a QT tank (after some upgrades of course). I live in an apartment so space is scarce or i would go bigger with both tanks. Anyone have any suggestions on if this sounds feasible?
 
Very feasible :) 10-20 gallons is a great size QT for most fish and I suspect you won't be housing anything too large that would be appropriate for your 55. I used to use an old biocube for my QT, but really any container that will comfortably house the fish and you can disinfect easily will work :)
 
That size should be more than enough- just remember if you intend to use any medications you will need a separate tank so you don't put in anything toxic to corals/ inverts that you want to QT.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new