Identification? Coral?

nickloeuf

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Messages
60
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys

Anyone knows what that thing could be? Is it a coral? It's growing on my rock, good looking but I'd like to know what it is. Its color is a pale pink, peach, white ... hard to tell.

here's a pic

2r5gaab.jpg
 
Does it inflate or change appearance at any point? I agree it looks like a Macro Algae but not sure what species if it is.
 
Does it inflate or change appearance at any point? I agree it looks like a Macro Algae but not sure what species if it is.

It doesn't change appearance.. maybe at night but i'd be surprised!
 
Yours kind of reminds me of this but yours in more pink. Idk if macroalgae changes color based on lighting.
Macros will change color based on lighting and nutrient levels.....I have seen Dragon's Breath almost look like different species from one tank to the next.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new