Identification / Easy Access to Expert Tanks / Build Threads?

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So maybe I'm not aware of some site features that already do this, but I find it a little challenging to find some of the best reefs on this forum. Also, is there a description of what the badges mean? Don't take this the wrong way, but for example, I originally thought the "Reef Excellent Badge" might identify individuals with show quality tanks / build threads but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It would be really nice if specific and aptly named badges were awarded to individuals to signify that they have or have had show quality tanks like the following example. As an intermediate and aspiring advanced reefer, I want to see more tanks and threads like the following yet this persons profile has no identification that he has one of the most epic reefs I've seen in a while. If this person had some sort of identifier on their handle, it would be a whole lot easier to find their build thread while posting in other areas of the forums.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/sps-tank-in-taiwan.514770/

So a few thoughts:
  • Add a link to the top navigation bar for "Tank of the Month" or similar that will allow us to easily find and follow these epic tanks.
  • Give badges that indicate not just that someone is an expert in knowledge but they have proven this with an epic photo intensive build thread that we can all learn from.
Thanks for consideration.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay cool. So it looks like the Reef Spotlight Award is what I was describing above. Is there a single place that shows all the Reef Spotlight threads on the site?

Thanks
Check out the showcase, found here https://www.reef2reef.com/showcase/ I think that might be what you're looking for :)

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the showcase, found here https://www.reef2reef.com/showcase/ I think that might be what you're looking for :)

I've looked there but unless I'm missing something I don't really see what I'm after. It looks like just a list of top vendors or related. I'd like to see a list of all Tank Spot Light Awards (tank of the month threads). Is there a filter or something under showcase that will show this? I used to really enjoy the way Reef Central did it with all the Tank of the Month Articles in one spot. Anything like that?

Thanks

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked there but unless I'm missing something I don't really see what I'm after. It looks like just a list of top vendors or related. I'd like to see a list of all Tank Spot Light Awards (tank of the month threads). Is there a filter or something under showcase that will show this? I used to really enjoy the way Reef Central did it with all the Tank of the Month Articles in one spot. Anything like that?

Thanks
Let's ask @mdbannister he might know :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back