Identification Help - Haddoni or Gig?

Gig-Island

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
114
Reaction score
110
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haddoni or Gigantea?? Local shop has this carpet for 125. It is the size of a softball. I just have this picture unfortunately. I do not have pictures of the column. It’s been in the shop for a bout a week. Looks healthy. Mouth nice and tight.

what does everyone think?

@OrionN

B5221AA8-FEF5-4555-8312-E5367F19BAA5.jpeg
 
I’d guess gigantea too. If you’re interested, pick it up and treat with Cipro. Though the mouth is closed it looks like it needs treatment.
 
The shape of the tentacles indicated Gigantea. However, the picture is definitely not optimal for ID. I don't think the color in that picture is accurate, under white, natural light either so be-careful on judging that anemone by the color in that photo.
I do think 125 is cheap for that anemone, regardless of the species, Haddoni or Gigantea, and even if the color is not as bright as show in the picture.
 
Just incase you were wanting a blue gigantea, they are actually brown with blue tentacle tips. So they are not represented accurately in that picture as Orion said.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new