Identify these two Anemones please?

Shane1975

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Could someone identify these two anemones. I picked them up from my lfs a couple of weeks ago and added them to my 160 tank. Thanks

FFA8426C-9750-4115-B5B3-43C7E8DEA770.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Shane1975

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was like that when I bought it. I have them under gen 4 radion xr30w’s for the past two weeks.

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was like that when I bought it. I have them under gen 4 radion xr30w’s for the past two weeks.

They are like that at my lfs too. Yours look healthy otherwise. Just give it time and maybe some light supplemental feeding once or twice a week, keep water parameters stable.

I don't know anything about your light. Check you settings and height over tank/ depth of specimens comparing to what other members have to get a relative idea of whether or not you are giving them enough light or can raise the intensity over time. I give my bta's around 200-350 par depending on where they are (7 hrs, with 120-200 6hrs). They seem to like it.

OP
OP
S

Shane1975

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I’ve been spot feeding them Mysis every few days. I have the par around 350 where they are now. I have a Seneye to take par measurements.

Last edited:

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I’ve been spot feeding them Mysis every few days. I have the par around 350 where they are now. I have a Seneye to take par measurements.

Perfect. Just keep your water parameters stable and everything should be good with time.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with ID of BTA for the lighter color anemone. The other anemone need better pictures. Clear picture of the mouth and of the column needed for ID of that one.

Steve Bullington

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA for sure, but there are nearly translucent BTA, that are not bleached. They will usually have some sort of hue like green or pink to it. I feed mine silver sides. I cut a piece of frozen fish up no larger than there mouth ( approximately ) defrost it in a cup of tank water then spot feed. If they are new to your tank, I have found that lower light is good until they find their happy place as far as flow goes. Then I gradually turn lights up. usually they stay put and don't move.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do look a bit like condylactis, Atlantic Anemone

OnyxPerc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with OrionN - the left one looks like a bleached BTA. Need a better photo of the one on the right to be sure - if you can get the mouth and the foot it would help ID it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back