OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that view from your porch is very nice indeed ! What are the winters like in Arkansas ? As for Missouri, it gets down right cold there !

Yes, but that hurricane which just clobbered Texas is giving us some pause about living along the Gulf Coast.....

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but that hurricane which just clobbered Texas is giving us some pause about living along the Gulf Coast.....

Exactly! I would love to live along the ocean, but hurricanes are too common now with these weather patterns. Too much risk of losing everything...

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carlsbad California. A small beach town north of San Diego. I've traveled to many places and have lived in many cities and Carlsbad feels like home. It's just soooo expensive like many places in California.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly! I would love to live along the ocean, but hurricanes are too common now with these weather patterns. Too much risk of losing everything...

It sucks because we're torn between living someplace "fun" like Florida vs. doing the responsible thing and settling down in Tennessee (or similar.)

Carlsbad California. A small beach town north of San Diego. I've traveled to many places and have lived in many cities and Carlsbad feels like home. It's just soooo expensive like many places in California.
west coast is really nice. I spent a few years in San Diego. Beautiful city !

The high cost of living eliminated California a long time ago. :p

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a deposit on a smaller place near the east end of Long Island NY "almost" on the Long Island Sound. If I brine my tank I can fill it with NSW easily. I will miss my home here in central Long Island but it's time to downsize. Hopefully this no maintenance condo will give me more time to "Argue" with my buddy Humble. :rolleyes:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a deposit on a smaller place near the east end of Long Island NY "almost" on the Long Island Sound. If I brine my tank I can fill it with NSW easily. I will miss my home here in central Long Island but it's time to downsize. Hopefully this no maintenance condo will give me more time to "Argue" with my buddy Humble. :rolleyes:
You should invite Humble up for a round of golf! ;)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and the wife want to retire to Florida. Where, not sure. Been to destin many times, but too touristy. We love the ocean, maybe Navarre or Gulf breeze is nice. If I had big bucks, within reason, Marco island is very nice! Lol

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to live in Ithaca, NY again. The Finger Lakes area is where I feel I belong. I'd like to see a lot of other places and maybe one of them would top Ithaca, but I doubt it.

Cheers,
rant

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't get how You Folks take the cold winters. I guess Iv'e been in Florida too long. Here On the north east coast The summers are really hot however The winters are very mild. It snowed here once in 1987. It warmed up in a couple of days. Housing & costs of of living are reasonable. No state income here in Fl.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Golf is for Sissies so I don't think Humble plays it. :rolleyes: I know I don't. :p

My dad tried to teach me how to play golf. I hit the ball with a crooked stick as hard as I could. I couldn't find the dang ball after that, so I figured this game is not for me. :D

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Humble, Golf is not for real Men like ourselves. Maybe if it was played using a rusty cro bar on an active volcano, or in a tropical rain forest populated with ich infected really mean gorilla's then we would play it. But walking around, or worse riding in a Sissy cart on short manicured grass is just to Nerdy and as I said, we are real Manly Men. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But walking around, or worse riding in a Sissy cart on short manicured grass is just to Nerdy and as I said, we are real Manly Men. :rolleyes:

I think we could use the carts to have races on the golf course, but it would have to be NASCAR style (with crashes) to be manly. :D

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we could use the carts to have races on the golf course, but it would have to be NASCAR style (with crashes) to be manly. :D

I wonder if we can put racing slicks on those things and maybe take out the electric motor and add a Hemi. :rolleyes:

Here is the view from the back of my new house (almost) that I didn't move into yet. I say almost because I have to walk about 100 yards or stand on my roof to see it clearly. 27 miles out is Connecticut and if you look to the right, and maybe squint, you can see France. Or maybe the shadow of France. OK, you can't see France, :cool:

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B How much do you want for your old house? Will you just rent it to me? Does it come with your (almost) 50 year old tank? I promise I won't QT any of the fish. :D

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humble, if you wanted to take my tank I would give it to you as you are the only person I would think to give it to as long as you promise to keep those silly bottles of Prizapro and copper a long distance away.
I will also sell you my house for about a million bucks. Maybe a little less. but there is a Supermodel next door that comes over to feed the fish while I am away so that has to count for half a million. :rolleyes:
I will even throw in the snow blower that I just bought and used once. :p

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who would choose Hawaii... After living there for almost 20 years... Be prepared, no reef tank without a permit from the State... Cost of living about 200% of that on the mainland U.S. And there are many Hawaiians who don't like the presence of outsiders (aka hauolies.) It was a great ride, but I'm glad to be back on the mainland!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back