IL: Local, trustworthy, reliable fraggers....

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to see some of your guy's opinions on who deal with locally. Most of the things I have bought whether it is fish, corals, livestock, or hardware, I look for it online because usually its cheaper and easier to find the rare ones. I have dealt with a couple of people locally and though they were a fairly long drive, both of the people I've dealt with have been phenomenal.

Awhile ago, I bought some zoas from suliaman. They are still doing great and sold them to me at great prices.

Just this past weekend, I went of over to fishman's house. And all I had to say to myself was wow. His display tank was drop dead gorgeous and his frag tanks made drool. He was very informative and showed a lot of knowledge of the corals he was selling me and told me all the precautions. I've had 3 different frags of african blue zoas and all melted away. He gave me a huge colony (orginally he said 25 polyps bu he gave wayyyy more). They all opened up within minutes and all look great). His deepwater zoas all are opened and doing great. He sold me a bunch of sps and gave me a lot of freebies and even Sissy allowed me to buy a couple of her prized possessions that either no one else has bought from them or a very few. Their prices were great and dealing with them was hassle free.

I have been lucky so far dealing with locals and have had no issues. Dealing with suliaman and fishman is great because the hobby comes first rather than some LFS's trying to make money before the hobby. I have very sour feelings with many of the local LFS's and that is why I look for alternatives. I just find it great to know that people like suliaman and fishman welcome me into their homes and talk about the hobby for hours with only talking through pm's and email online.

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for e feedback, iI will add my own as time goes on.

DaveA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't suliaman in Kansas? I think I bought from him, and I agree he was REALLY good.

Fishman is local, and I agree they are great. Karl for cardinals and clowns. Jason is good (yzhmr or something like that)

OP
OP
thomasdo87

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't suliaman in Kansas? I think I bought from him, and I agree he was REALLY good.

Fishman is local, and I agree they are great. Karl for cardinals and clowns. Jason is good (yzhmr or something like that)

suliaman is from hanover park, by woodfield mall, really nice and has a great selection of different zoas.

Oh and DaveA im Thomas from uberfrags.net lol

I forgot to mention how great Lmecher was or at least the blue cloves I bought from her, they are spreading quick, not always a good thing lol.

And today my brother went to nellahte's house for my gf and i and picked up a sweet coral (very generous size).

So far have been lucky with all local deals.

OP
OP
thomasdo87

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went to John's house last week. His basement is wicked. His frag tanks are remarkable and his display is gorgeous. His wife was very informative too and nice enough to sell me one of her prized possessions. Its glad to see them to beat the crap out of the corals, so that none of them just melt away. They were the first people to sell me african blues or watever you wanna call them and have them not melt away. Their deepwater/japanese zoas are all thriving as well

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back