Illumagic Blaze X? Experiences?

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super stoked about receiving my new #illumagic blaze x 6 foot LEDs! Does anyone have any experience with these lights? I can’t wait to see the amount of growth these lights will provide. My first impressions are that these lights are super sleek and very solid! The entire body of the light is made out of solid aluminum acting like a giant heat sink! The panels of the lights are made out of beautiful glass! Best of all, this light is completely modular! Unfortunately one of the panels came broken but I am able to swap a brand new one in. It was not hard at all to get a replacement because uniquecorals stand behind their product and is shipping me a replacement panel for FREE! This light is completely wireless Bluetooth and there are apps on both iOS and android to control the light. It is very easy to setup and control. I connected to the light wirelessly in literally 5 seconds!

cd7fce07bd80ea7850d4f77b4b5e636c.jpg

d5c494f4ec1fa209b4c2616a375bdcf3.jpg

6027e791557806459b172382ea63c9a9.jpg

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where did you get these? i heard they're only available in asia - i'd like to try them!

OP
OP
DarkTang

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in par numbers on these low wattage led clusters. If they are as good as rumored I may be interested in the 36” version. It is pricey but no more so than the Orphek.

Last edited:

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested in par numbers on these low wattage led clusters. If they are as good as rumored I may be interested in the 36” version. It is pricey but no more so than the Orphek.
I'll get on that in the next few days for you. I purchased the BlazeX mini's to supplement my three SB Reeflights. They do not put out the PAR the SB's do but they are infinitely more controllable. I like the fact that you can have them dim to 0% and the primary reason I got them. Having the SB's just shut off in the evening and start up in the morning at 10% was not aesthetically pleasing to me. Understand, when I do get the par readings they will be from two clusters and various depths. I got two BlazeX mini's and one of the lights just stopped working after only a few months. Well, stopped is a bit drastic. It stopped following the program and would not resync. Illumagic sent me a new board directly, no questions asked. I really like them. Fingers crossed there are no other problems.

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure which model I saw at MACNA, but there was more disco effect than I want to see. Could have been the settings too.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure which model I saw at MACNA, but there was more disco effect than I want to see. Could have been the settings too.
That is odd. My two BlazeX mini' are the first to come on and the last to go off. I have seen zero disco effect from the tight clusters. Perhaps it's my old eyes. The SB's on the other hand...

Fishtankphil78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super stoked about receiving my new #illumagic blaze x 6 foot LEDs! Does anyone have any experience with these lights? I can’t wait to see the amount of growth these lights will provide. My first impressions are that these lights are super sleek and very solid! The entire body of the light is made out of solid aluminum acting like a giant heat sink! The panels of the lights are made out of beautiful glass! Best of all, this light is completely modular! Unfortunately one of the panels came broken but I am able to swap a brand new one in. It was not hard at all to get a replacement because uniquecorals stand behind their product and is shipping me a replacement panel for FREE! This light is completely wireless Bluetooth and there are apps on both iOS and android to control the light. It is very easy to setup and control. I connected to the light wirelessly in literally 5 seconds!

cd7fce07bd80ea7850d4f77b4b5e636c.jpg

d5c494f4ec1fa209b4c2616a375bdcf3.jpg

6027e791557806459b172382ea63c9a9.jpg
Did u have any issues connecting ur light to the app? I got two mini blaze x and after an hr of trying i could not connecting them at all. I searched and searched many times and i could not get it on my phone with Bluetooth. Unique has no clue and no info out there. Any info will be helpful. Ty

Tagareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you swipe your finger across the round button on the end...it enables and disables the Bluetooth connection. If it is off, it will not show up to pair on the app.

pigmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh, we have the likely answer

turn on your phone or tablet's "location" (the gps). then the app will find your blaze. it totally worked for us.

we were clued in because our little AI nero5 pump also needs the gps to be on, for the AI app to connect.

does anyone know why??? are the companies tracking us? :mad:

RazorRamon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fullsizeoutput_7e44.jpeg

I've had the Illumagic Blaze X-90 over my RSR 250 for 3 1/2 months now and it's amazing! It replaced 3 Radion XR15 Gen 4 Pros mounted in an Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid. The spectrum is like no other.
What are the settings for your spectrum in this pic?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back