IM 112 EXT Lagoon

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! I’m going to be running mine with ozone which is why I picked this skimmer. The extra dwell time makes it the closest skimmer I can find to a true ozone reactor

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went with the Sicce syncra 5.0. It hums too loud. I’ll get a different pump ( DC) after I pick up a few other things first. I put mine in the sump which is a little tight. If you place it outside, you will need to extend the return on it to go out into the sump. Haven’t needed to run it much yet but will definitely oxygenate the water. If you get one, get the waste container too. You’d be able to run this for a long time before it fills.
Sicces are good pumps but noisy. On my return, I didn’t realize I got a might jet on the 100g and bought a Octopulse 6. It must have been defective because it sounded like metal grinding when it was running. I swapped out for the mightjet and it was super silent. Only thing I don’t like is I can’t control via 0-10v

Octopulse was RMA’d back

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While waiting for snail mail to arrive from Reef Cleaners (haha) I figured I’d finally organize the rats nest of wires. Found an inexpensive cabinet and modified the shelf to accomidair some controls. Need to get a vortex mount for the door. Looks a little bit better.

Attachments

• IMG_0615.jpeg
    IMG_0615.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0616.jpeg
    IMG_0616.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a big CUC last week and a Black Storm a few days earlier. Seems everyone is low on stock for torches snails. Just ordered another SnackleBox so will do a water change then add that afterwards. Hoping they will make a feast of the diatoms on the Arag sand. Left the skimmer on last night and didn't hear it so I think it should be OK. this lightbulb is getting big.

IMG_0636.jpeg

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a lot of sponges. Love the conch as well. Our “Thor” is one of the most entaining members of the tank
He’s churning it for me. I have another snacklebox arriving this week hoping they’ll finish off the diatoms on the sand. The Tongan nassarius are a joy to watch at feeding time. Loving all the different color of the sponges and tunicates. I have not dumped any bacteria in this. Straight up TBS base. There is a black storm in there too but hiding.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the ATO use update. House humidity is at 41% according to my hygrometer. Running tank at 76 degrees, skimmer continuous, surface agitation, and house temps at 68, I seem to be using 1 gal every 24 hours. So I think I sized it out for a 10 gal reservoir just right.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went with the Sicce syncra 5.0. It hums too loud. I’ll get a different pump ( DC) after I pick up a few other things first. I put mine in the sump which is a little tight. If you place it outside, you will need to extend the return on it to go out into the sump. Haven’t needed to run it much yet but will definitely oxygenate the water. If you get one, get the waste container too. You’d be able to run this for a long time before it fills.
I've got the Sicce Syncra SDC 6.0 on my 60g cade and I can't hear it at all.
I run it around 70%.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the Sicce Syncra SDC 6.0 on my 60g cade and I can't hear it at all.
I run it around 70%.
Going to try wrapping some cushioning around the pump one day and see if it just vibration to the sump. I only know the IM is running with hearing a slight ripple in the overflow. I was originally looking at a DC but was told it’s not necessary. I don’t mind the whoosh of water going through the skimmer, just not the motor hum. I do have the ATO and Skimmer on now and I don’t hear it sleeping so it’s been OK. I think I can wait a while.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After today’s water change I found a brittle star hatchery. Sorry the angle and distance is off so it’s a lil blurry. And this other guy just watched me do the change out.

Attachments

• IMG_0912.jpeg
    IMG_0912.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0920.jpeg
    IMG_0920.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. I know nothing about these, but will you be able to keep fish along with it?
Maybe, maybe not. Not interested but going to try one. They’ve been getting along fine. Only interested in hand fed shrimp so far and live crabs and a few snails. But I got rid of the mantis shrimp (if that’s what it was). Never saw it but no more clicking. Whether this lasts for 1 month or 24 months it’s worth it for me.

Tried getting him out but would be worse placing 3 clowns together (2 female and one male).

IMG_1171.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back