Im a moron haha!

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been manually dosing 2 part to keep my alk up because the consumption is pretty high in my tank. Well I was a moron and killed my 2 acro frags! I entered the wrong numbers into a calculator and ended up adding way to much alk at once. My acros flesh fell off over night and that's the end of them. I did a water change and all is fine I havent had a death anywhere else in the tank. (I'm not worried either because this happened a few days ago)
 
That stinks but as with many learning experiences, I bet you don't do it again! Did you measure the alk before and after dosing?

Sounds like a good reason to talk yourself into buying a doser :P
 
Awe, sorry you lost them!

It’s an honest mistake so definitely not a moron. Don’t beat yourself up over it. Glad everything else is doing great!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new